• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

UN To Attack US Gun Rights on July 4th!

Lew

imported post

TaosGlock wrote:
Here is the Target link:
http://www.jpfo.org/targets.htm

I could not find it on their site but had it marked elsewhere.
If you guys are still curious, I found it via the first link on the 6-19 alert "Fight the UN with Facts" page.

Edit: I just figured out, that is actually the alert for May 23.

wet_willy

imported post

VApatriot wrote:
If the UN or anyone else ever comes to confinscate myfirearms, I will only have one thing to say about.

"If youcome for my guns. . .you willstay for your funeral."

And folks, y'all can quote me on that one.:cool:

im with you too

CPerdue

imported post

According to the BBC, this ain't done yet.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6088200.stm

I did find an interesting comment amidst all the drivel:

Can we control crime? Can we control Drugs? Can we control hate and fear? These are peace time vices which make guns inevitable. We shall have to stop these ills before even thinking about controlling guns.And this can only come after eradicating all avenues of war and terror in the world.
Muhammad Saeed, Islamabad, Pakistan

I'm not surprised in the least that the person who 'gets it' lives somewhere I would consider unsafe.

In the spirit of the thread, at the end of WWII major industrialists in the coal and iron industries decided that they were not going to allow another European land war between the traditional players. They formed an organization whose sole purpose was to integrate their industries across national borders to such a degree that no country could sustain a war against the others. Here is the really important part - the organization would cease to exist once it had met its goal. This happened in 2000 or 2001. I have, perhaps appropriately, forgotten exactly when or even what the organization's name was.
The UN seemed like a good idea at first - lets talk before bullets start flying, but it is based on a bureaucratic model that only penalizes its failure to grow. Maybe its successor, if any, should be based on this other model.

Bolt06

imported post

i agree with all of you when it comes to not losing my guns. it seems like we are losing freedoms slowly but continually..

I was told something once by my parents which I find applicable here. "If you don't stand for something than you stand for nothing"

also "if you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything.

either one... I like them both and have used them when it comes to my personal believes as well as my rights. (also when I am asked why i fight so hard over seemingly small things..)

tattedupboy

imported post

TaosGlock wrote:
The organization that formed after WWII that you mention was, if I'm not mistaken, was called the League of Nations. This was the precursor to the UN.
Actually, the League of Nations was formed during the presidency of Woodrow Wilson after WWI, not WWII. Wilson's refusal to accept any compromise language in that treaty led the Senate to reject it, and as a result, the U.S. never joined it.

TaosGlock

imported post

tattedupboy wrote:
TaosGlock wrote:
The organization that formed after WWII that you mention was, if I'm not mistaken, was called the League of Nations. This was the precursor to the UN.
Actually, the League of Nations was formed during the presidency of Woodrow Wilson after WWI, not WWII. Wilson's refusal to accept any compromise language in that treaty led the Senate to reject it, and as a result, the U.S. never joined it.
I need to brush up a bit more on my history.:)