• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Attacks on National Mall

novaccw

imported post

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/05/28/AR2006052800966.html

I read this article this morning and immediately sent it to my girlfriend as a reminder of why I avoid the District* likethe plague (and any other place which doesn't recognize my right to self-preservation). She is very supportive of my carrying and frequently asks "Do you have your gun?" when we are going somewhere. I guess she is so used to it she barely notices anymore. There have been a few "rare" instances when I wasn't armed and she told me she wished I was (if I am going to have even one drink I don't carry).

We have been thinking about going to see the monuments at night or at sunrise and have been told by many friends how "safe" it is...hmmm...gonna have to really re-think that idea!!

*Except 6am-5pm M-F...I work in DC...arrgh!*

TEX1N

imported post

novaccw wrote:
...There have been a few "rare" instances when I wasn't armed and she told me she wished I was (if I am going to have even one drink I don't carry).
You need to get her a permit, then whoever is the Designated Driver can also be the Designated Packer. :D

It's really a true shame how violent our Nation's Capital has become, not to mention how communistic the local DC government is. Our Forefathers would consider it a total disgrace.

novaccw

imported post

Agree 100%. I am working on getting her to an NRA certified class, I want her to learn the basics from someone besides me. I am not going to force it on her, but I hope that one day she will get her permit and carry. It is everybody's personal decision and I know that as of right now she would not be comfortable carrying. I am just taking it slow and when she is ready we will address the situation.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Watching the news today Eleanor Holmes Norton was complaining that the Park Police were not putting a high enough priority on DC, and that they should stop patrolling the GW and BW Parkways as much. Translation: because of her criminal constituents Virginia and Maryland deserve less protection.

ProtectMd

imported post

Longwatch Wrote:

Watching the news today Eleanor Holmes Norton was complaining that the Park Police were not putting a high enough priority on DC, and that they should stop patrolling the GW and BW Parkways as much. Translation: because of her criminal constituents Virginia and Maryland deserve less protection.

Exactly what experience and or degree's does Eleanor Holmes Norton have on how to use police resources to fight crime? Im guessing shes the expert they call in when the District of Columbia's crime rate is out of control, and her way of fixing the problem is to call the ghostbusters, ugh I mean park police to bring the criminal powers that exist there back into check. Perhaps she should stick to what she know's, and do her job, and not attempt to be some sort of expert on how to handle howcivil services are dispatched and how federal resources are allocated.