• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Churches

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

cs9c1 wrote:
robbiev427 wrote:
WWJP - what would Jesus pack? ;)
Um, the wrath of God?

Could be the largest caliber ever.

This reminds me .....

As I have mentioned on here before, I do Cowboy Mounted Shooting. For last Easter, I wrote a poem for the Pastor's Corner section of the cowboy mounted shooting magazine Rundown where I explored this very issue.

For those who are interested (or those who simply want to see how bad a poet I am :) ), it follows:

[line]
A Cowboy's Easter - By John Pierce
------------------------------------------
Last night I dreamt I had run my race
And reached the finish line
And walked the darkened desert path
That waits for all in time

And when I reached the trailhead there
I was rounded up and penned
Inside the ranch that's called The Grave
The destiny of men

Well, the ramrod was a wicked man
His name was simply Death
Who ruled over all the herd
Of those who once drew breath

And In the center of the ranch
Was a spring of water sweet
That sang to us of life anew
As we suffered in the heat

But struggle though we tried and tried
We never could get near
The ramrod had a gun of fire
And a whip of solid fear

But when our hopes had died away
And turned into despair
A mighty wondrous thing occured
For all the mortals there

A cowboy rode into the ranch
And the ramrod seemed to pale
For this had never happened
But he had heard the tale

For ancient legend had it
That one day a man would ride
Down the dark and twisted path
With a wound upon his side

And his hands would also bear twin scars
And his hat would hide a crown
And he would take this ranch
And he would cast it down

Now this cowboy really looked the part
His shirt was stained with blood
And his reins were also slick with it
Where he held them in his gloves

But battle weary though he was
His eyes held naught of fear
And all of us who saw him
Knew salvation was near

And though the ramrod had been called
Pale Rider as you know
Never had he looked so pale
As he faced his mighty foe

And the cowboy swung down from his horse
And he faced the man called Death
And all of Heaven and of Earth
They all just held their breath

And the cowboy spoke to Death
And everyone could hear
"Do not mistake me for the lamb.
I am a lion here."

"The price I paid to walk this path
Was steep, but gladly paid.
And now I call you out
For your destiny is laid."

And on his hip a sixgun shone
Forged by divinity
And on his holster was a brand
The mark of Trinity

And Death went for his gun of fire
But the cowboy was too fast
And in a flash of blessed light
The age of Death was past

rabbit994

imported post

cs9c1 wrote:
robbiev427 wrote:
WWJP - what would Jesus pack? ;)

Um, the wrath of God?

Could be the largest caliber ever.
A glock no doubt. Perfect gun for man on the move, lots of ammo in one magazine and extreme relability.

/me starts running away from 1911 horde.

A

Arizonatexan

imported post

jpierce - what a nice poem! I'm impressed! That's a keeper. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Arizona-Texan

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

To be responsible for yourself and be a protector of the flock ought to be the norm for true believers in Him and not set aside in His house. Did I say that? Wow!
P.S. Great poem Yata hey

357luvr

imported post

Got a question for y'all. I reguarly attend NA meetings that are usually held in a church. Two of the meetings I go to are in a VERY bad neighborhood, and the other two used to be broken into quite frequently. During that time, the pastor used to carry a gun. The church that was getting broken into now has an alarm system and hasn't been broken into since then. I refuse to leave my gun in the car at the first church because of how bad a neighborhood it's in. I was just wondering what's the law opinion of CC at an NA meeting. It's not during regular service. The neighborhood in which the first meeting is in is (in my opinion) a 'good and sufficient' reason to carry. I don't like going into that neighborhood unarmed. The second meeting is in a country church and there's not much risk there although I would prefer to be armed since there are obviously a few hoodlums in the area. This is the church in which the pastor would sometimes carry a gun, so I know that the church is gun friendly. I was just wondering what the law's opinion is of CC'ing at an NA meeting? Thanks.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

kimbercarrier wrote:
Say Mr Pierce I just read your poem , it was great, thanks. I've never heard it put that way, I think I'll pass it along.

AmericanWay

imported post

I can understand bars.. but I think teachers and responsible, law abiding citizens should be able to carryin schools and maybe even a court house. No anti-gun zone has stopped a gunman from killing a judge or randomly shooting into a crowed of students. And then when such a scenario happens, right away the media paints a picture of gun owners with broad strokes.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, *shall not be infringed.*"

I think it was worded correctly the first time. We just need to take the white-out from the hands of activist judges and politicians.

FreeorDie

imported post

Arizonatexan wrote:
Well, I'll be ... ! You learn something new everyday! What a good scripture for those who like to look down their noses at us who believe in arming ourselves for protection! OC-Glock19's Biblical quote comes from Luke 22:36. It's interesting, though that, in verse 38 the disciples showed Jesus that they had two swords and he said "That's enough." Then in verse 50, after one of them cuts aguys ear off, Jesus puts the guys ear back on and says: "No more of this!" So...maybe it wasn't a case of clear and present danger after all ormaybe Jesus is setting the precedent here for when to use deadly force.

This is not a religious forum - but it's interesting nevertheless...

Arizona-Texan
hmmm... Look at the 1911 KJV, you will see that YHWH was simply keeping order and stopping this from blowing out of proportion, because they had more important things to do.

[sup]50[/sup] And one of them smote the servant of the high priest, and cut off his right ear.
[sup]51 [/sup]And Jesus answered and said, Suffer ye thus far. And he touched his ear, and healed him.
[sup]52[/sup] Then Jesus said unto the chief priests, and captains of the temple, and the elders, which were come to him, Be ye come out, as against a thief, with swords and staves?

Lastly, do you guys know that the founding fathers of these union states DID take there muskets to church with them? ALL the men sat in the aisle sides and rested there arm against back of the seat (I do not know how to spell the correct name of the seat) in front of them. Interesting piece of history for you :lol:

Hey Arizona Texan, can we chat via PM? We are thinking of moving and are looking at Arizona as a possibility.

Thanks Brother :dude: