• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun ownership by state

VAopencarry

imported post

hmmm, not sure what to make of it. I wonder if there was any 'scientific' approach to the sampling of citizens? gotta say I am surprised Virginia didn't have a higher %, course all there sampling may have been in Fairfax County. :)

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

I wonder if ownership is underreported. If someone called me and asked if I had any guns I sure wouldn't tell a stranger that I did.

ProguninTN

imported post

longwatch wrote:
I wonder if ownership is underreported. If someone called me and asked if I had any guns I sure wouldn't tell a stranger that I did.
I bet it is. If this was a telephone survey, I bet respondents could have hung up or answered "No Comment".

TEX1N

imported post

longwatch wrote:
Same here. I would smell scam right off, even if it was legit.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Thinking about it some more, Alaska has to be higher than 59%. I'll bet the bush areas that don't have phones the rate approaches 100% and they couldn't have been included in any telephone survey. Also in some place like DC where guns are more or less illegal except for the priviledged few, most people would deny having a gun.