• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

National Open Carry Day

JSK333

imported post

I mentioned this a year or two ago and those that responded agreed to have the 2nd of every month be the day when we can aggregate ourselves and openly carry during our normal day.

If we can focus our open carrying to a single day, for those of us who don't do so every day, we may begin to make more of an impact on the public; i.e., it may be more noticeable.

So, if you are able to openly carry a firearm, do so on the 2nd of each month and post your experiences here!

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

I remember this. And I think it is a great idea! Like Murphyslaw says, many of us are in all the way and open carry 24X7. But for those who are still nervous about open carry, having a specific day where they can carry in solidarity with their fellow open carriers helps a great deal.

VAopencarry

imported post

Good idea.... I think for something like this to get fully up and running, it would need reach beyond this forum. Most people here already OC regularly.

JSK333

imported post

I did post it to Glocktalk.com and Packing.org back when it first started and it got basically no replies (as expected). If we share it by word of mouth to our non-online friends, that may work better. Especially since they will be in our same area where it will make more of a difference.

Solomon

DKSuddeth

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

wish it were that easy in texas.

maybe it's just because i'm in a strange mindset, but I've been thinking about making the test case for open carry in texas. wonder if I would get support from GOA, SAF, or NRA once i'm arrested. I'm not a felon so there's a mark in my favor.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

I like it, its a good rallying point for the troops like Buy a Gun Day( April 15) and National Ammo Day (November 19) . http://www.ammoday.com/
You know since next the 2nd of the month is the 230th anniversary of the signing of the Declaration of Independence we should try to tie into it.

molonlabetn

imported post

I, for one, am all-for any opportunity to encourage the acceptance of open-carry, and firearm ownership in general. However, I wouldn't like to see open-carry presented as an 'exception' on a particular day... It should be the rule!

I am unable to carry in any way on most days during normal business hours, due to the location and nature of my employment, soI have to wait until I'm home to gear-up. I carry all the time, other than that. I didn't see this post until the 3rd (Saturday), but I did carry open on the 2nd (as usual), and I carried open most of the weekend (except while swimming, anddining at Red Lobster, since they serve alcohol). I got hooked into my girlfriend's favorite summer-weekend past-time: going to yard-sales, I got a few looks.

molonlabetn