• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Britain: Why All True Citizens Need Their Own Guns

VApatriot

DoubleR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I wonder when people will wake up and realize just what is controlled by "gun-Control? To top it off the UN is going for the ultimate in anti-self-defense.:X

TrueBrit

imported post

Patriot,

Many thanks for drawing our attention to this fine article, Sean Gabb has been a thorn in the side of the Brit establishment for a long time!

One hopes that more folks over there will take note, but, sadly,only the country folks,by and large, understand firearms. They comprise only 30% of the population,and have fallen into the trap of regarding guns as being "sporting accoutrements".

The first serious gun restrictions began with the Firearms Act of 1920. Passed by a government in fear of armed insurrection, Bolshevik style revolution and other such bugaboo!

After that, increasing curbs on gun posession followed as knee-jerk reactions to isolated incidents.

None of the shooting associations will espouse the RKBA, and are scared to death of coming out and stating that handguns in particular are excellent DEFENSIVE weapons!

Thanks again,and for acknowledging the fact that not ALL of the Brits are gun fearing wusses! Thankfully, there are still a few left, cast in the TrueBrit mould!

TrueBrit.

VApatriot

imported post

TrueBrit wrote:
The first serious gun restrictions began with the Firearms Act of 1920. Passed by a government in fear of armed insurrection, Bolshevik style revolution and other such bugaboo!
I wounder why a government would possibly have reason to fear thattheir subjects. . . um, I mean citizens would want to rebel?;)

TrueBrit

imported post

I realise that you are being satirical here, Patriot, but the Russian Revolution of 1917 hit the Brit Royal family hard!The asassinated Tsar Nicholas was first cousin to George the Fifth, English King at the time! Worker unrest, disenchanted soldiers back from the Great War, the IRA demanding Irish independence all combined to create near-hysteria among the Brit Estabishment.

Rifles and pistols had to be registered,so that the owners could be vetted as suitable people! If necessary, the weapons were to be commandeered, and re-distributed to the pro -Establishment folks, should any form of rebellion ensue. Shotguns, being deemed sporting weapons, remained unregulated until 1968.

Let us learn from the mistakes of the Brits, and tell the gungrabbers here, 'NO FURTHER!" We really need to work on repealing most of the restrictions we labour under, and PROMOTE legal gun ownership. Open carry is surely the most powerful tool we posess, in that it both educates and enlightens folks.

Sorry for another long-winded post, but it fascinates me that, having seen life in UK and USA, that the Brits(myself included) gave way to the gungrabbers so easily!

We should remain steadfast, and HOLD THE LINE, gentlemen!

TrueBrit.