• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

non-resident ccw in massachusetts

darrel_h

imported post

has anybody on here ever attempted to get an non-resident concealed permit for massachusetts? my family lives right on the border of new hampshire, in mass, and my father and brother both have their mass ccw's, so i would like to be able to carry along with them when i visit (i currently am residing in va). i have heard from this site it is extremely easy to get a new hampshire non-res ccw, so i'm not worried about that, but i will be back and forth between both states. i have done some research and unfortunately there's not much on this subject other than the cost and such. i found the steps you need to take and some of what is required (photo-copy of current state ccw, fingerprints, etc...) along with the packet, and i know it's a total of 100 bucks (ridiculous if you ask me), so if anyone has any further info on how long it may take and such please let me know, i would highly appreciate it. thanks guys/gals. long live the 2nd!

ilbob

Campaign Veteran

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

I had no problem getting my Class A LTC in Mass 2 years ago. However, since the contract I was working on there was not renewed and I didn't anticipate going back for a while, I didn't spend the 100 dollars to renew.

I don't know if they have made the application process more difficult since then. All I put for my reason was "All Lawful Purposes".

darrel_h

imported post

thanks for your help, i appreciate it. hearing that it was relatively easy to get eases my mind quite a bit too. i just hope it doesn't take too long to process and receive once i put all the paper work in. oh, and i believe it's only $100 for the initial permit, after that, as long as you get the paperwork in for the renewal while it's still active, it's only $10. could be wrong but that's the way i read it. again, thanks for your help.

Big Daddy 45acp

imported post

I just had a student get his. He mailed it in on March 13th, and had it in hand on May24th.

It is easier to obtain as the MSP do not have the same "discretionary" authority as the local Chiefs have.

And sorry to report, it is $100/year, every year. If it is for business purposes, they can issue for a 2-year period with documentaion from the employer/owner. However it is still $100/year in that case also.

Hope this helps!