• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I Added a Few New Emoticons

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

I added a few new emoticons to the board. The standard set that came with the board was a little sparce.

Enjoy :exclaim:

Eagle

imported post

Here is another that fits right in:

shooting_smiles.gif

Pointman

imported post

You can get a large collection of free emoticons here: N:\computer\repository\communications\Pidgin\plug-ins\emoticons\Original_Emoticons.htm

Simply unzip the file and you'll have a ton of emoticon filesat your fingertips.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Pointman wrote:
You can get a large collection of free emoticons here: N:computerrepositorycommunicationsPidginplug-insemoticonsOriginal_Emoticons.htm

Simply unzip the file and you'll have a ton of emoticon filesat your fingertips.
Think more, write less. The URL is unusable and not a zip file.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,

Pointman

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Still does not appear to be a zipped file but a directory.
Don’t you think that it is nice to use a multi-protocol messenger (Pidgin) but stick to the protocol’s emoticons/smilies?
I mean, this way you communicate on the same level, while sharing the same visual content. Otherwise, you might type : )) because you use a Yahoo pack, and you say “LOL”.. while the other one, who is on MSN/Live.. sees :) ) . Your choice!

For some time now I’ve been using a all-in-one pack for ICQ, Yahoo, MSN/Live, Aim and Gtalk from BlueScreenKid. But why not enhance it, rather than just fix it? The pack had a couple of typos, but since July, he didn’t make any updates to it. It also didn’t have the latest ICQ6 smilies.. and it didn’t have Gadu-Gadu. And we all know how much we love Gadu-Gadu..

So, this afternoon, I give you the pleasure to use Pidgin with original smilies/emoticons for 6 protocols: ICQ, AIM, Yahoo, MSN/Live, GTalk, Gadu-Gadu.

Download it here and then copy the archive’s contents to Program Files\Pidgin\pixmaps\pidgin\emotes and then choose the pack from Tools - Preferences - Smiley Themes.

Doug, click on "Download it here", which brings up a page that describes the file, then click Download. I checked the link and it works without problem.

Pointman

imported post

Doug, I don't know what you're getting at. I've provided a link in context to a large volume of additional emoticons that John and Mike may or may not want to use in full or in part. From a systems administrator standpoint, it's not only important to download the file, but also know what the usage rights are.