• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Remainder of Colorado OC is Okay

EagleFiveZero

imported post

I just returned from an extended visit to Colorado. Open carry in and around Colorado Springs and vicinity did not result in any panic, 9-1-1 "Man with a G-G-GUN" calls, LEO confrontations, etc.

Most people didn't even notice. Those that did said nothing or simply went about their business. I continued Open Carry throughout my visit even in Ultra Liberal Aspen, where the police were too busy looking for cigarette smokers polluting the air.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

Thanks for the on the scene report :)

It is good to know that the anti-open-carry madness has not spread beyond Denver.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

The CO SC 3-3 decision affirming the Denver decision against open carry per local ordiance was made WITHOUT one justice - a former AG attorney who had argued for the state! My bet is if this ever comes up again, the CO SC will reverse.

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Well that's all well and good, but has anyone heard from Rocky Mountain Gun Owners or CSSA whether or not they intend to file a new lawsuit?

rwmorrisonjr

imported post

I think that RMGO wants to launch another suit when the time is right, but money remains an issue for them. I'd keep an eye on their site for a status on their efforts to overrule Denver's "home rule" card on this.

EagleFiveZero

imported post

The best thing to promote Open Carry in Colorado is to follow the example given by the Virginia Citizens Defense League -- "Just DO IT". While there was an initial flurry of "Oh My Gawd -- a man with a GUN !!!" it quickly subsided when the VCDL stood by its principles and calmly pointed out the legality of Open Carry.