• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is there a gun-friendly business post somewhere - not restaurants?

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I was shopping for a new car recently. I went to Sheehy Ford in Springfield. As is my custom, I carry openly when I can; my husband carries concealed most of the time.

As I got out of my car and had a salesman approach, he asked if my weapon was "live". I of course answered yes, with a smile, and he said "Good. I feel safe."

Still not sure the second salesman didn't leave us with someone else once he saw the weapon; he disappeared pretty quick but could also have been past his hours for all I know.

I also carried openly the day we ended up buying our new vehicle at Cowles Ford in Woodbridge.

darrel_h

imported post

i haven't seen any topics on any sites i've been to for non-restaraunt gun friendly places, but it is a good idea. maybe this can turn into one! all i've ever seen are the gun-unfriendly lists on vcdl and such. unfortunately i don't have much to add to this list myself yet, still getting accustomed to oc'ing, but the CVS in Mount Vernon Square Shopping Plaza didn't seem to have a problem. the gentleman behind the counter (not sure if he was shift supervisor or not) asked me a couple of questions wondering if i was allowed to be walking around like that, so i taught him the open carry law of virginia and it seems i sparked his interest. another one on our side!! if i'm not mistaken, i also oc'd in the bed bath and beyond right in the same plaza, with no problems. other than that i can't remember anywhere else off the top of my head, sorry. good luck and keep up the awareness.

VApatriot

imported post

Tess wrote:
I was shopping for a new car recently. I went to Sheehy Ford in Springfield. As is my custom, I carry openly when I can; my husband carries concealed most of the time.

As I got out of my car and had a salesman approach, he asked if my weapon was "live". I of course answered yes, with a smile, and he said "Good. I feel safe."

Still not sure the second salesman didn't leave us with someone else once he saw the weapon; he disappeared pretty quick but could also have been past his hours for all I know.

I also carried openly the day we ended up buying our new vehicle at Cowles Ford in Woodbridge.

If I wasn't a Chevrolet man, I wouldlike tobuy from a business such as that.

Fix

Or

Repair

Daily

darrel_h

imported post

ok, so today was a really good oc day for me. here is a list of all the places i oc'd today in the woodbridge are:

dunkin donuts in tackett's mill

jiffy lube off of minnieville, near cantor

target on prince william

petsmart, near the corner of minnieville and dale blvd (this was the one and only place somebody had anything to say to me about my oc'ing. as soon as i exited my truck there was a gentleman putting groceries in his vehicle and he made a comment such as "go 2nd amendment". we then struck a conversation about my piece and his pieces, amongst other gun related conversation. nice guy though.)

new five guys on the corner of prince william and old bridge

frozen custard place right next to it.

in all these travels not one person questioned or raised an eyebrow to my carrying. even the "security guard" in target looked right at me and then continued on his merry way. i think i may have gotten a little bit of an evil eye from an older gentleman in five guys, but that is only speculation. so, all in all a great day for first full day out oc'ing. have done it before but certainly not to this degree. thanks for all your support everyone and your encouragement. will definitely be oc'ing more often now that summer is upon us. keep fightin those 2a's!!

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I spent over an hour at Washington Golf yesterday, in the Shirlington area. Place was very busy, and no one so much as looked twice.

richarcm

imported post

I've gotten great responses, so far at least, from Circuit City, and Chipotle.

I've received consistently neutral responses from Starbucks, Giant, Subway, and 7-11.

The worse, but not bad, experiences I've received were from AT&T, and Safeway.

Overall nothing too exciting or too horrible from anywhere I've chosen to OC in Fairfax, Alexandria or Henrico.