• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hampton WalMart- A Semi-Friendly Business

Mauserman

imported post

molonlabetn: I agree with you 98%. Not all cops act like the ones in your area. I worked in a small town PD in Maine where the officers were accountable to the people. In larger PD's there is no one to bitch to. In our town if there was a problem with druggies, punks, bums, etc. we were expected to deal with them. Of course Maine only has a population of 1.2 million in a state as large as all of the other New England all put together. I agree with the abortion problem but it's not thousands, but 1.2 million a year, or the same number of people in our State of Maine being butchered every year. We unfortunately did away with the death penalty in 1889. But we have only 50-60 murders a year, a pretty damn good rate per capita. 80% of these are people who knew each other!

Mauserman

imported post

molonlabetn: I agree with you 98%. Not all cops act like the ones in your area. I worked in a small town PD in Maine where the officers were accountable to the people. In larger PD's there is no one to bitch to. In our town if there was a problem with druggies, punks, bums, etc. we were expected to deal with them. Of course Maine only has a population of 1.2 million in a state as large as all of the other New England all put together. I agree with the abortion problem but it's not thousands, but 1.2 million a year, or the same number of people in our State of Maine being butchered every year. We unfortunately did away with the death penalty in 1889. But we have only 50-60 murders a year, a pretty damn good rate per capita. 80% of these are people who knew each other!

Mauserman

imported post

Jersey Ron

imported post

GodGunsnGuts,

I've read your post in regards to the "Ghetto Walmart" and I must admit that I have to agree with much of what you said, however I would like to take this opportunity to express my view on this matter to you and everyone else. For starters I am a 37 year oldAfro-American, educated at Hampton University.I lived in Hampton and Newport News, mostly,during my college years and I know exactly what life is like in urban VA. Well actually my roommate and I shareda penthouse in River Park Tower for 3 years so I didn't "live" in the ghetto. Actually all we did was stay drunk, barely pass class and sleep with rich college girls, but that's another story. ;)

I want to tell you a story about a bus that takes me to work (Downtown Philadelphia) every morning. Most of you here would puke from the obscenities, the rudeness and the downright "animalistic" behaviour of these people. Believe it or not, whites are included with this group as well. Now, I don't want to turn this into a "Black or White" thing because it goes SOOOOOO much deeper than this. For example, you mentioned Rap music. Well my friend, rap musicis now purchased more byyouthful whites than it is by blacks since 2003. I tell you know lie!!! And as far as music is concerned, I've heard some pretty disgusting Hard Rock music that glorifies Satan Worship, Blood drinking, Rape, Murder and even Pedophilia! My friend, Itell youno lie again! Now, one has to ask one's self, who is the true peddler of this ungodly genre. Who owns these record labels, TV stations, Hollywood, publishing firms, newspapers, etc?? Let me tell you who!! The same people who alwayscry"Victim", but who actually run this country from topto bottom. It is the very same "people" who are REALLY behind Gun Control and I'm not talking about the "Useful idiots" known to us as liberals.As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't matter Democrat, Republican, Black or White. They are ALL bought and paid for bythe same group who destroyed Ancient Rome, France, Germany (twice) and now the USA. It took me 37 yearsbut I've finally swallowed the "red pill" and my eyes arenow open! (The Matrix).

Truthfully,

Jersey Ron

PS- Please don't turn this into a Black or White thing! That's what "they" want!!!!

SicSemperTyrannis

imported post

Well said. I am a gay man - a Republican (libertarian) guy from southside Virginia. I love my state, I live my life how I want, I am a devout Christian from Powhatan (although I now live in Short Pump), and sometimes it can be a bit frustrating that some well-meaning folks on gun sites, etc are not open to the idea that if they want what they value (like gun rights) to thrive, then they should be looking to expand their base beyond southern white males. No harm meant - my family is as southern, white and male (I have several brothers) as they come, but ultimately,in order to takeprotecting and enhancing the rights of law abiding gun owners to the next level, the "base" is going tohave to be expanded. Actually, I can think of many arguments that should be made more often to appeal to African-Americans, gays, etc when it comes to gun rights. For example, "shall-issue laws", among many other positive attributes, also protect minorities and the poor as much(if not more) than others folks. Historically, those without connections had trouble getting a concealed permit in Virginia before "shall issue" - and those without connections tended not to be thewhite males. As a libertarian, I have no problem whatsoever with those who believe being gay is immoral or what have you, and have a couple friends who believe this. Basically, if something is not causing actual harm to someone else, then I don't think it is any of the state's business.

I lived in California for 4 and 1/2 years after graduate school, and hated nearly every minute of it. Other thanadopting a wonderful dog and meeting my partner of over 5 years, the state was rotten to the core. I missed the South and Virginia with all my heart.California was so politically correct that it drove me crazy. Ido hope gun owners and those who care aboutgun rights (as I did before I ever owned guns) think about the value in crafting a message that has wide appeal, so that future generations enjoy the same rights we do now.

ilbob

Campaign Veteran
imported post

SicSemperTyrannis wrote:

Well said. I am a gay man - a Republican (libertarian) guy from southside Virginia. I love my state, I live my life how I want, I am a devout Christian

Not to pick on you but if you are all that "devout" how do resolve the unequivical and very strong biblical admonitions against homosexual activities?

SicSemperTyrannis wrote:
As a libertarian, I have no problem whatsoever with those who believe being gay is immoral or what have you, and have a couple friends who believe this. Basically, if something is not causing actual harm to someone else, then I don't think it is any of the state's business.
I am inclined to agree that conduct which others may find distasteful is not necessarily a good reason to make said conduct illegal.

Jersey Ron

imported post

Whoa, whoa, whoa!! I don't want this to turn into "Gay vs. Straight" either!! There is a MUCH bigger issue at hand going on right before our very eyes today. It's been done time after time, year after year, century after century. PLEASE don't get caught up in the "David Dukes", the "Louis Farrakhans", the "This's" and the "That's"!!! "They "feed" us this BULLSh*T!! "They" create enemies that don't really exist to keep "us" toiling over NON-SENSE!!!!

WHEN IN DOUBT JUST FOLLOW THE MONEY!!!!!!! It goes back THOUSANDS of years tothose known as the Money Changers!!!

alexander hamilton

imported post

i have had enough. i was tolda few days ago to cover my weapon with my shirt for the sake of the families and children. i emailed walmart on it and unless they change their policy, i am not going to any walmarts.

alexander hamilton

imported post

"tammie" from customer relations at the hampton walmartasked me to cover it with my shirt. i complied. in my email i made reference to vcdl and this website. i figured a bump of the thread would be in order in case the company checked out opencarry.com.

danbus

imported post

I am currently at work and must go to Wal-Mart to pick up a container of oil (have a SERIOUS oil leak in my 99 plymouth neon). I plan on OCing. I am a 23 black male with braided hair (don't know if that makes a difference). I have already OC'd at the Suffolk Wal-Mart (the one on Main St) without ANY incidents. I will havea full report when I return.

exceltoexcel

imported post

WOW!I would suspect that your experiences, because of stupid prejudice, are far more different than ours.

Please do let us know your perspective when you get back.

D

Desertdoc

imported post

danbus wrote:
I am currently at work and must go to Wal-Mart to pick up a container of oil (have a SERIOUS oil leak in my 99 plymouth neon). I plan on OCing. I am a 23 black male with braided hair (don't know if that makes a difference). I have already OC'd at the Suffolk Wal-Mart (the one on Main St) without ANY incidents. I will havea full report when I return.
I do plan on making a trip back to the Suffolk store, but just to poke the bear. I was told one day while buying a large amount of ammo, that the store manager did not allow firearms in her store. This only being said after about 20 min. talking to the guy in the sporting section. It took him that long to realise i had a full sized .40 on my side. I think i will have to go in and buy some more ammo for the m4, but not until i go to customer service and ask them to check other local stores to see if they have some in stock too.

exceltoexcel

imported post

I for one would love to see a thread posted by a "minority" member regarding their trials and tribulations of owning a gun.

We cannotdeny that a man with a gun is going tobe responded todifferently than a "black man with a gun"

While I would applaud the practice I have to honestly say that I might initially be intimidated because of all the stupid crap pounded into me on a nearly daily basis.

Logically I would shrug off any of those nonsense thoughts forged by ignorant sources.

However, Ifpeople arescared about the idea of an armed public, I would expectthose same peoplewould be hypersensitive to a black man with a gun.

I'm sure the process of obtaining a CCW or even buying a gun can often times be very different.

My ignorance is leading my thoughts and I'd prefer that my thoughts be lead by facts, so please share them.

D

Desertdoc

imported post

exceltoexcel wrote:
I for one would love to see a thread posted by a "minority" member regarding their trials and tribulations of owning a gun.

We cannotdeny that a man with a gun is going tobe responded todifferently that a "black man with a gun"

While I would applaud the practice I have to honestly say that I might be intimidated because of all the stupid crap pounded into me on a nearly daily basis.

Logically I would shrug off any of that nonsense thoughts forged by ignorant sources.

However If I was scared about the idea of an armed public I would expect I would be hypersensitive to a black man with a gun.

I'm sure the process of obtaining a CCW or even buying a gun can often time be very different.

My ignorance is leading my thoughts and I'd prefer that my thoughts be lead by facts, so please share them.
One of the best things i have ever hear was "criminals dont carry their guns in a holster". This being said i wouldn't care what color a person was.... if they were carrying legally and not acting stupid with the thing... it just makes himanother supporter of the OUR 2nd Amendment right.

danbus

imported post

Easy. Too easy. Walked in, smiled to the greeter, and kept moving. I PURPOSELY didn't get a shopping cart, so I had an excuse to walk past him again and walk back with a cart.

No incidents, however I did hear comments not directed to me.

1. As I walked toward the grocery section I heard to females talking. After I cleared the corner, they both saw me. Funny thing is, they saw my firearm 1st, then saw me. After being noticed, they both got quiet as I walked by. After passing them I heard something of "young black men..." and the other female saying "mmmhmmm".

2. While I was walking back to get a shopping cart, I saw 9 black males in register 6. As I proceeded past them, I felt all eyes on me. I heard the EXACT words "that nigga got a pistol, that nigga is on crack".

Other than that, I bought my box of oil and left. No issues, just looks and overheard comments.

My thought would be that since it was empty for the most part, I wasn't "causing mayhem" to anyone.

LoveMyCountry

State Researcher
imported post

Danbus, you need to be subtle. Next time try wearing a shirt like this.

blackmanwithagun.jpg

:p

LoveMyCountry