• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Some Wisconsin businesses you may not want to patronize

hardballer

When contacting Farm & Fleet it would probably be a good idea to contact their chief financial officer, William Schendt. This is often more effective than contacting corporate policy people.
The CFO is the person held accountable for the profits of a corporation. When he finds out the company will be losing sales due to this decision he may well object to it.

Mr. William Schendt
Chief Financial Officer
Blain's Supply Inc.
P.O. Box 391
Janesville, WI 53547-0391
Great contact info Comp45acp and excellent advice too. Hit 'em where it hurts. Right at the cash register.

MKEgal

got the same reply

I seem to have gotten the same canned reply you did from B&B.
Too bad... I've eaten there before & it was pretty good.
They don't seem to understand the idea of liability or that criminals won't bother with their rules.

----- Original Message -----
To: Krysta
Sent: Sunday, July 04, 2010 5:54 PM
Subject: Re: civil rights violations

Well Krysta, that's fine with me. We'll do without you. While I fully support the right of the populace to maintain a well-regulated militia, and to keep and bear arms, and do myself enjoy gun ownership, I don't want you or anyone carrying concealed OR open weapons into our store. I have no confidence in your judgment or self-control. Thanks...

-----
Pat Sturgis
Beans & Barley
1901 E. North Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53202
414-278-7878
fx 278-6013

On Sun, Jul 4, 2010 at 2:53 PM, Krysta wrote:

I understand that Beans & Barley supports the work of the Wisconsin Anti Violence Effort (WAVE). I'm hoping whoever made that decision didn't know the kind of work they actually do... That being trying to convince governments to infringe the constitutional rights of law-abiding citizens.

Until and unless Beans & Barley breaks off & renounces its association with this anti-self-defense group, I, my family, my company, & my friends will stay away from your restaurant.

Also, by prohibiting self-defense on your premises, Beans & Barley opens itself up to liability for any injuries (or worse) suffered by a citizen in your store at the hands of a criminal.

Krysta
Milwaukee, WI

-

M

McX

jeezzzz! what an absolute knob. i'm surprised the response you got didn't start with: I'm a hunter......

anyway, that person needs a free trip to politically correct anger management, they obviously have hostility issues toward customers- and the loss of them.

instead of beans and barley, they should call themselves bevis and butthead.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP I (Pat Sturgis) don't want you or anyone carrying concealed OR open weapons into our store. I have no confidence in your judgment or self-control. Thanks

That is the nub right there. Sturgis' customers must first somehow give a demonstration to overcome his prejudgement.

Sounds quite similar to that Tony's Pizza customer who said to the OCer, "I don't know who you are." As though his personal friends deserved to defend themselves.

Nobody is worthy of self-defense in their stores unless Sturgis has confidence in their judgement and self-control. Hell, why stop at banning them from the stores? Lets just take their guns, period. Presumably, if he has no confidence in judgement and self-control inside the store, then being out on the sidewalk cannot increase Sturgis' confidence.

Surely the benevolent and caring Sturgis would not say, "Outside my stores does not matter to me" because that would mean that he has no objection for the gun-toters to shoot up the rest of the people in town. What a way to treat the non-gun-toter customers.

Last edited:

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Insulting your customers is always a good business approach!

"I don't want you or anyone carrying concealed OR open weapons into our store. I have no confidence in your judgment or self-control. Thanks..." -- Pat Sturgis, Beans & Barley

I suppose he has point. Anyone who would want to eat in his crappy restaurant more than likely has poor judgment.

hardballer

"I don't want you or anyone carrying concealed OR open weapons into our store. I have no confidence in your judgment or self-control. Thanks..." -- Pat Sturgis, Beans & Barley

I suppose he has point. Anyone who would want to eat in his crappy restaurant more than likely has poor judgment.

I don't know about the quality of the food at Beans & Barley but I do know fear when I hear it. By the same standard; Pat's standard, he is the only one who should have a gun. What I know about arrogance is that it almost always is making up for deep seated feelings of inadequacy.

To Insult the customer base like that means he must be very fearful. I am surprised he even drives, how does he make it down the freeway with all those drivers that he has not personally vetted. I wonder how he makes it home at night with all those people who carry concealed (illegally). We call them criminals.

How can he even sleep at night, there might be somebody in his bushes or under the kitchen table.

This guy is probably more dangerous than any open carrier out there. I now have serious misgivings with his judgement and mental stability. He is obviously a control freak and in so being, how can he even trust employees to not pick their noses or wizz in the tea. This boy needs a padded room or perhaps a cell. Quick, hide, there's a restaurant owner with a hand full of romaine pointed at me.

Just what is he so paranoid about. What is he trying to hide. He sounds like he's got a tree huggen thing going on. Curiouser and curiouser. I for one would not want to work for him let alone eat in his restaurant. Besides, I don't even like barley. So I ain't goin' ta be missin' much.

hardballer

Sounds like the best options are to either spread the word and not patronize the store ooooorrrr.....Pickett the store!

I like that last option. This guy or gal, not sure which, is paranoid and not likely to change unless it significantly hurts their bottom line. I did notice they serve alcohol in one part of the restaurant. It's listed on their menu. This is a Kalifornia style restaurant complete with the liberal ideologies.

Signs like;

Pat Doesn't trust you. Should you trust him?

Just what is in that food?

What does Pat care about, not the 2nd Amendment, that's for sure.

Pat tramples your rights but wants your bucks.

A liberal/progressive owns this place.

Pat doesn't trust your judgement, should you trust his.

Ask pat why he is afraid of you.

These are just off the cuff. Not sure they are apropos. I know that if we put our heads together we can come up with a couple of doozeies.

This does appear to be a liberal meeting place so I wonder of Pat's customers know he/she owns guns? Hmmmmmm?

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
This does appear to be a liberal meeting place so I wonder of Pat's customers know he/she owns guns? Hmmmmmm?

Many liberals own guns and many of them have no problem with the RKBA. It's not strictly a liberal versus conservative issue. It's a pro-freedom versus anti-freedom issue, and there are liberals and conservatives who are aligned on either side of the issue-- and not only on the issue of guns. Clinton was a liberal President, and Bush was conservative, but I saw proposals come from both that were antithetical to the freedoms protected by the Bill of Rights.

hardballer

Excellent point shotgun but I was grossly generalizing here. Come on. It was unfair and inaccurate but I enjoyed writing it. Ya party pooper. Oops, can I say Pooper here?

Hardballer out. . . and politically incorrect.

P.S. I may also have been profiling. And profiling is bad. Dear Lord, forgive me and bless the little Pygmies in Africa. . .

Last edited:

hardballer

Stop Buying from these places. Let them know you are spending money elsewhere. Send them copies of receipts.
Be vocal. Make it known, by writing an editorial, that they are against your Constitutionally guaranteed right to bear arms. Leaving you defenseless. Your family at the mercy of violent offenders because this store thinks it knows best. Let them know they will be sued if you or one of your loved ones gets hurt by a criminal. After all, they decided you may not defend yourself so it should be their fault. Unless of course, they are willing to provide security for you. Armed guards on duty at all times willing to defend your life? Hmmmmm

Just my way.

Hardballer out.