• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin stores that infringe upon our rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

lance galloway

Good News

Done

I put a call into Family Videos Corporate Headquarters for Wisconsin and am now just waiting to hear back I will let you know what I find out.

Got a call back from Family Video corporate office today and had a very nice talk with I think his name was Matt we talked for 10 min or so about OC and the law and he agreed with me on every thing I said and when I told him that many stores simply follow state law he said that is what he will tell the manager that told me to leave to do he then he thanks me and said he hopes I will continue to shop at Family Video.

I will be going to Family Video in the next day or so to talk with the manager and I then be should be good to go.

protias

Got a call back from Family Video corporate office today and had a very nice talk with I think his name was Matt we talked for 10 min or so about OC and the law and he agreed with me on every thing I said and when I told him that many stores simply follow state law he said that is what he will tell the manager that told me to leave to do he then he thanks me and said he hopes I will continue to shop at Family Video.

I will be going to Family Video in the next day or so to talk with the manager and I then be should be good to go.
Fantastic news! :monkey

Outdoorsman1

I did not take time to read through all 7 pages so maybe this has already benn discussed...

It seem's odd to me that Shooters Sports in Racine would be on the list...Unless...

I think there is (or used to be a Shooters Sports Bar in Racine as well as "Shooters Sports" that is an actual sporting store / gun shop / and shooting range. It is where a lot of local police go to shoot. I was thinking about doing some shooting there soon and will check it out...before I pay the fee....

Outdoorsman1

protias

I did not take time to read through all 7 pages so maybe this has already benn discussed...

It seem's odd to me that Shooters Sports in Racine would be on the list...Unless...

I think there is (or used to be a Shooters Sports Bar in Racine as well as "Shooters Sports" that is an actual sporting store / gun shop / and shooting range. It is where a lot of local police go to shoot. I was thinking about doing some shooting there soon and will check it out...before I pay the fee....

Outdoorsman1
It is about 2/3rds of the way down.

M

McX

Gun store that allows open carry.

Found one wandering back from a Supreme Delevan meet and greet. Out in the boonies of K-Town, a piece from RAK's, on hyw. 50-West of the I. we found a Gun Store. Did it my way; Unloaded encased into the place- empty holster. Browsed the case. Mostly a fishing place- thusly near a lake, but none the less had guns. Go look to see if it meets your criteria. it does mine. Early in the visit, i introduced, and mentioned WisconsinCarry- though i think he saw it on the hat. My case on his counter. Asked: Do you allow Open Carry? Response: Yes. I immediately holstered up at the counter. Continued with my transactions without incident. Got a nice long barrel .357 to keep my youngest buisy at the range. I get my lawn mowed and such all summer, for ammo. Keeps my kid off my guns and ammo, and working at home (for me) Range opens in 3 weeks. WIN. When i go to pickup were leaving Wiscarry stuff- got his ok for that too.

Paddock Lake Sports
Randy- Owner
23522 75th St.
Paddock Lake, WIS.

(262)-843-1625
(i got his ok to post)

Last edited:
M

McX

McX, this is stores who "INFRINGE," not "respect our rights" thread. ;) :p

yes, i knew that, but didnt know where to drop this so i dropped it here. i figured someone would see it, and appreciate it.

protias

yes, i knew that, but didnt know where to drop this so i dropped it here. i figured someone would see it, and appreciate it.
You could create another thread entitled "List your OC experiences." :D

MadisonRebel

Campaign Veteran
MadisonRebel,

So which one is it? Does the mall allow it or not?

I got nailed in the summer of 2009. I spoke with the manager of Metcalfe's and was directed to the manager of Hilldale Mall. She very snidely informed me that mall policy prohibited firearms, and that I was banned from the mall for violating that rule. I had OC'ed there easily a few dozen times before, but this was pretty direct.

protias

I got nailed in the summer of 2009. I spoke with the manager of Metcalfe's and was directed to the manager of Hilldale Mall. She very snidely informed me that mall policy prohibited firearms, and that I was banned from the mall for violating that rule. I had OC'ed there easily a few dozen times before, but this was pretty direct.
The list is updated.

Plankton

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan
No problems here

I have been in Hilldale, December 2010 and early in 2011; in Macy's multiple times, and Metcalfes. No problems.

Outdoorsman1

McX....

I have been in Paddock Lake Sports many times buying bait and fishing stuff.. I will make it a point to stop in, buy something, say hello, and mention I saw him here...all will carrying...Thanks for the post...

Outdoorsman
Silver Lake WI... (Real Close to Paddock Lake)...

MadisonRebel

Campaign Veteran
I have been in Hilldale, December 2010 and early in 2011; in Macy's multiple times, and Metcalfes. No problems.

As had I. Let's hope they either changed their policy or their manager, because if someone takes notice, you're in for harassment and intimidation.

M

McX

didnt know where to put it, so i dropped this here; there's a gun show sunday 8 to 2 pm, South Hills Country Club. Any of us going, handing out flyers, or getting a table? ad says for info. call Bill 886-5169. I'd like to tag along if were going to do something there on that for WisCarry.

Outdoorsman1

I am curious if they allow OC at the gun show..? Maybe not as they serve alcohol at South Hill... maybe wuith permission..?

I OC'd at the Paddock Lake Sport shop (got my fishing lisence and looked around). Told the owner I read about his place here. He remembered me from buying bait and stuff last year.. going back today to get a new case for the XD.

I also sometimes phone in carry out orders at a paddock lake eating establihment. I was picking up an order so I Oc'd there as well real short visit just kinda in and out.. I think a few people at the counter saw my weapon but no comments..

As I wason my way home I rememberd that I think they sell beer and wine there so I will confirm that before I carry in there again. While confirming I will talk to the manager about OC and ask permission as they sell alcohol. Will update with his responce..

Outdoorsman

Outdoorsman1

I remebember reading a thread about "Stores Who Support OC"..or something real similar.. I do not know how to do a seach here (tried a few times with no sucess)...

If there is such a thread maybe "sticky" it as this thread is "stickied"...

Outdoorsman

Last edited:
M

McX

didnt know where to put it, so i dropped this here; there's a gun show sunday 8 to 2 pm, South Hills Country Club. Any of us going, handing out flyers, or getting a table? ad says for info. call Bill 886-5169. I'd like to tag along if were going to do something there on that for WisCarry.

'Cmon, Springfield get up, were going to the gun show, will call you shortly.

protias

I remember making a thread about how a gentleman was kicked out of a Big Lots in Milwaukee. This is the one:

Big Lots
362 E Capitol Dr # 2
Milwaukee, WI 53212-1256
(414) 332-2193

M

McX

had a lefty try to slam my name with a supplier recently; new chick hired to deliver parts to us, from one of our suppliers. sales rep, store help, and other delivery drivers all know we carry. this new chick shows up, delivers the parts we ordered, stands and tells me her life story while i work to get the job done. leaves, and goes back to her employer; complains she doesnt want to deliver to us anymore, because we carry guns. tried her damndest to make us look bad, i spoke at length with the management, and assured them, and her, if she had a valid complaint against us, i'm sure my corporate attorney would be interested in hearing it. matter dropped immediately. love how delivery chick stood there and yakked away for a good 15 minutes, before she decided she was afraid of guns. nice try.

Status
Not open for further replies.