• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin stores that infringe upon our rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason in WI

(Snip for space..........) I know, I know, do not give any place a chance to say no... OC first and then deal with whatever happens after that.. but I had planned on shooting there again (until I can find another place) and just wanted to ensure a friendly atmosphere next time I was there. I think I accomplished that goal. Now I will be looking a lot hard for a new (and closer) place to shoot. I already have a couple of possibilities.

I wish I would have read this post before I seen you today. Shooters sports center is the only place I have been asked not to carry in all of the many places I carry daily (I don't ask). I had a thread about it some time ago. They didn't kick me out but asked if I would refrain from carrying next time i was in. They were really nice and gave me the whole bad guys will shoot us thing also. I went with a firearm I was going to shoot and the one on my hip was never going to leave the holster or it would have been in the case also.

They did allow members to leave fliers for WCI there so they can't be all bad! After attending a few gun shows and seeing some crazy stuff and also hearing stories of what happens in gun stores I can just about agree with no one carrying, even staff! Seems when firearms are laying about, common sense and basic safety rules go out the window.

Edited to add:

Found the thread, almost one year ago to the day! http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?72165-No-Open-Carry-at-Shooters-Sports-Center-on-6-mile

It's funny thinking back at how nervous I use to get when I carried places :).

Last edited:

protias

Paul posted a picture on his facebook page of the Aldi's in Delevan saying no weapons of any kind.

Last edited:

jharding32

Virgin Open Carry

Took my three year old to Cabela's in Prairie du Chien this morning and strapped on the gun in the parking lot. Now I know that Cabela's is known to be very OC friendly, so this was not a big deal, but it was my first time so I wanted to go with something easy. :p

We were in the store for about 30 minutes and walked all over and stood in line at the checkout. I am sure that several took not of the firearm on my belt (including employees), but no one said anything.

It was very liberating and helped me get over my initial apprehensions. Walmart here or in Sun Prairie will most likely be my next place.:lol:

Thanks for all the support in the forums. I love reading everyone else's encounters.

protias

Welcome to the forum jharding. There is a lot of good information here and lots of people to help with your questions. Last and certainly not least, don't be afraid to ask questions.

Carry on! :banana::monkey

the_hustleman

Are you sure about toys r us? I just for hired there as a second job and they said "employees are not allowed to carry hand guns or weapons UNLESS ITS LEGAL IN YOUR STATE" is in the handbook.

So it seems that they support employee carry but not customer carry?

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using tapatalk!

protias

the_hustleman

not sure, but I was JUST hired, last friday was my first day and it's in the handbook that I had to sign and date and I got the wording wrong, it reads like this verbatim in the section "Things to Avoid (Rules and Regulations)"

Bringing explosives or weapons onto any Company premises is expressly prohibited, unless permitted by state law."

it's permitted by state law here in Georgia, so I carry at work - concealed of course.

but I visited a babies r us store just the other day because my wife and I are expecting our first child and I OC'd the whole 3 hours I was in the store from the time I was talking to the people to set up the registry to the time I left, no one said a word.

protias

not sure, but I was JUST hired, last friday was my first day and it's in the handbook that I had to sign and date and I got the wording wrong, it reads like this verbatim in the section "Things to Avoid (Rules and Regulations)"

Bringing explosives or weapons onto any Company premises is expressly prohibited, unless permitted by state law."

it's permitted by state law here in Georgia, so I carry at work - concealed of course.

but I visited a babies r us store just the other day because my wife and I are expecting our first child and I OC'd the whole 3 hours I was in the store from the time I was talking to the people to set up the registry to the time I left, no one said a word.

Is yours a corporate store or franchise? I have no idea if Toys R Us has franchise stores, but if they do, that would be the reason as they do not have to keep corporate policies.

protias

On the WCI facebook page, someone saw a no guns allowed sign on a Half Priced Books store in Brookfield.

M

McX

supplier i spoke of awhile back, who's grunt wouldnt deliver to us because we carried? update: complaint filed, employee diciplined, matter closed. we win- small one.

Jimbok

Lol what a joke.. guess they have been brain washed into forking over their rights.. .. not cool when a day that might come you would actually thank us people who carry firearms and or LEO's that do such concealed or not LOL

They must fear what they don't know.. go get a gun and shot it feel the empowerment of ones self mentally and physically

Status
Not open for further replies.