• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin stores that infringe upon our rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

protias

Friend or Foe allows posting of both carry-friendly & anti-rights stores.
Toward the upper right of the page, there's an "add business" link.

The next page, search for the company, & if their marker balloon shows up, click on it, then the "rate this company" link in the info box that shows up.

Negative encounters earn -3 points, neutral is +1, positive is +2.
I know how Friend or Foe works, after all, it is in the first post. ;) :p

wild boar

What is the point, do you have one?

People who are in business have to deal with a large group of regulatory agencies. No shoes, no shirt-FDA, waste -EPA, safety- OSHA, Building codes, city inspectors, insurance company's,and a host of others. This creates a record of safe and proper practices, and this is the record they are judged by. As an informed consumer you have knowledge of this, and if not, you can check with the SBA. Why do people continue to attempt to convince the owner to allowing them in their store when they have absolutely no proof, of any kind, that supports their competency with a loaded weapon. I would not allow any person into my house with a weapon if I didn't know him, I don't care if he signed the Constitution. As for LEO'S, if I don't call them, they stay outside! boar out.

Last edited:

TFred

People who are in business have to deal with a large group of regulatory agencies. No shoes, no shirt-FDA, waste -EPA, safety- OSHA, Building codes, city inspectors, insurance company's,and a host of others. This creates a record of safe and proper practices, and this is the record they are judged by. As an informed consumer you have knowledge of this, and if not, you can check with the SBA. Why do people continue to attempt to convince the owner to allowing them in their store when they have absolutely no proof, of any kind, that supports their competency with a loaded weapon. I would not allow any person into my house with a weapon if I didn't know him, I don't care if he signed the Constitution. As for LEO'S, if I don't call them, they stay outside! boar out.
How do you know your customers are able to safely park their car in your parking lot?

TFred

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
I Like The Site. Thanks For Posting!

Everyone should be posting these on that website, esp. as the new cc law goes into effect.
www.friendorfoe.us
Today I added Robert Haack Diamonds, Farm & Fleet, & Fleet Farm.

I will be sure to check the site often. I took a quick look just now and see that Shooter's doesn't allow carry in their store. Interesting how a store that sells firearms and supposedly supports the 2nd Amendment and Article 1, Section 25 of the Wisconsin Constitution doesn't allow anyone but their own to carry in the store. Such hypocrisy.

wild boar

Sir, why you would "reply with quote",...

How do you know your customers are able to safely park their car in your parking lot?

TFred
:question:

...I don't understand. What does the parking lot have to do with the safety record of the business proper? I offered many points of reference for you to validate my statement, instead, you chose to interject something totally out of context. It seems that when posts are ended with a question mark one can troll at will. boar out.

TFred

:question:

...I don't understand. What does the parking lot have to do with the safety record of the business proper? I offered many points of reference for you to validate my statement, instead, you chose to interject something totally out of context. It seems that when posts are ended with a question mark one can troll at will. boar out.
Are you kidding? You've been here 3 months with a hundred and sixty posts, I've got over four thousand posts, and if I do say so myself, a fairly solid reputation, and you're going to call me the troll?

I'll be nice and explain it to you. Every time a customer brings their car onto your property, they are putting you, your building, your merchandise and your customers at more risk than your average law-abiding gun carrier. Add snow, sleet, rain, and the risk expands, probably exponentially. Yet I bet you don't have any thoughts about prohibiting cars from your parking lot.

Is that a crazy example? You bet'cha. So is your imaginary horror story about legal gun carriers.

TFred (the "troll".... ha ha ha)

Last edited:

wild boar

Sir, the fact that you have over 4,000 posts...

Are you kidding? You've been here 3 months with a hundred and sixty posts, I've got over four thousand posts, and if I do say so myself, a fairly solid reputation, and you're going to call me the troll?

I'll be nice and explain it to you. Every time a customer brings their car onto your property, they are putting you, your building, your merchandise and your customers at more risk than your average law-abiding gun carrier. Add snow, sleet, rain, and the risk expands, probably exponentially. Yet I bet you don't have any thoughts about prohibiting cars from your parking lot.

Is that a crazy example? You bet'cha. So is your imaginary horror story about legal gun carriers.

TFred (the "troll".... ha ha ha)

...speaks volumes to the fact that you think your opinion matters, IMHO. Parking lots are, for the most part, listed as public property for liability reasons. That is the reason we are aloud to drive, and park in them carrying on land, like courts, that we can not enter by law. Just for the record, I do not own any of the property's in question. Sir I ask you again, what does ones driving ability have to do with a carry site, and gun postings. Look up Troll, Internet use. CAUTION: WASH HANDS WITH SOAP, AND WATER AFTER HANDLING LEAD! I never put you and the word troll in the same sentence. boar out.

Last edited:

wild boar

Thank you sir.

This may be a little OT or right in point. There was a thread about the Farm and Fleet in Oak Creek posting a "No Guns Allowed" and one of the reasons they stated was that you don't need guns. But then it came to light about about a robbery at the Farm and Fleet in Madison in the parking lot. As we know about the vast majority of robberies occur in the parking lot, not the store. So to me it would make sense that being able to carry from your car to inside the store and then back would be safer. Here is the thread about the Oak Creek F&F with the story about the Madison F&F on page 3 post #55.

A valid point, but still not a part of my post. The best to you, and your's. boar out.

protias

I'm guessing so. M&I bank here in Hortonville has posted on no guns on the front doors.

It's their "sercurity" policy.

I fail to see how informing criminals that they are an easy target constitutes "security".
Thank you for pointing that one out to me. I knew it was corporate policy but I forgot to update the list.

oliverclotheshoff

protias since you have sears and kmart you should also add lands end to the list they are owned by sears holdng comp and have adopted all of sears corp policies (i am a part time lands end employee)

Status
Not open for further replies.