• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin stores that infringe upon our rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Running Wolf

Campaign Veteran
Private Property as far as i know

And yes i didn't think about that but it is sold at some of the food locations and they let you walk around with it not restricted to a beer garden. Still seems funny that swords are ok and that they specifically post on their website NO CONCEALED WEAPONS instead of no firearms. Maybe its just me.

Actually swords, etc. must be "peace-tied" in order to be brought into the fair. Of course, this consists of merely putting a zip tie from the hilt to the scabbard, which could be easily and quickly removed. People will do anything to create the illusion of safety. . . .

M

McX

Actually swords, etc. must be "peace-tied" in order to be brought into the fair. Of course, this consists of merely putting a zip tie from the hilt to the scabbard, which could be easily and quickly removed. People will do anything to create the illusion of safety. . . .

swords now come with safeties? why wasnt i informed?!

civilwarguy

They also have black powder weapons on site. I realize they are only suppose to be carried by the reenactors how ever as a reenactor of a different time period i find their reasoning absurd. According to them the guns only have blanks at most if they are walking around with them. Try shooting a blank from a black powder rifle into a soda can at oh say 3 yards and see what happens or better yet point blank from a pistol..... Yeah thats a lot safer!!!!! ok sorry rant done.

protias

You can add Mayfair Mall to the list too.

http://www.jsonline.com/business/125724563.html

I remember a thread a while back about them not allowing carrying. With all the problems they have there, I'm surprised they continue that terrible policy. I wonder if Deborah Mitchell realizes that posting for the prohibition of firearms takes Mayfair's immunity away should something happen (God forbid if something does).

phleye

I remember a thread a while back about them not allowing carrying. With all the problems they have there, I'm surprised they continue that terrible policy. I wonder if Deborah Mitchell realizes that posting for the prohibition of firearms takes Mayfair's immunity away should something happen (God forbid if something does).

You're right and it makes me nervous to go there now too. But now that Southridge isn't letting us carry, what malls are we suppose to go to (in Milwaukee)? The article also said that Bayshore hasn't made a decision yet, but that's not very close to me. Very frustrating.

protias

You're right and it makes me nervous to go there now too. But now that Southridge isn't letting us carry, what malls are we suppose to go to (in Milwaukee)? The article also said that Bayshore hasn't made a decision yet, but that's not very close to me. Very frustrating.

I buy almost everything online.

bmwguy11

lol did you read some of the responses on that jsonline article? All those people "well I'll boycott anyplace that refuses to ban weapons from their business". Oh really? So no more going to walmart, starbucks, fleet farm, etc. They apparently don't realize there are far more places that DO allow it than don't. My favorite was the one who said that if bayshore doesn't ban guns, mayfair would become the safer of the two. rofl what a tool.

protias

I don't see Walgreens on the list.

Can I make a request that it by added for firing an employee for defending himself and other employees?

Well, then Pizza Hut would also be on there. Walmart employees cannot carry. Should I also add them to the list? Start here and read the following posts.

BROKENSPROKET

Well, then Pizza Hut would also be on there. Walmart employees cannot carry. Should I also add them to the list? Start here and read the following posts.

OK, I get your point, but the guy asked them to make security changes and they would not so he started to carry to protect himself. If he didn't, he might be dead today.

I personally an boycotting Walgreens because the FIRED him.

civilwarguy

You can add PacRatz in Delavan to the list. Carried there about 2 weeks ago the owner asked me some questions about open carry and when i walked past there tonight he has a no firearms sign up.....

protias

You can add PacRatz in Delavan to the list. Carried there about 2 weeks ago the owner asked me some questions about open carry and when i walked past there tonight he has a no firearms sign up.....

That is rather odd. Have you given him a call?

civilwarguy

Just noticed it tonight and they are closed. Its no lose to me as i didn't like his store its extremely cluttered and hard to walk around in and i didn't see anything i would want in there just figured i would add it as its posted. When o talked to him the other day he asked me how it was legal to carry a gun like i was and i explained it to him and then he asked if i could carry it anywhere i wanted. I told him currently i could not carry it within 1000' of a school (on public land) anywhere with a class b (without permission) and anywhere otherwise posted no firearms.:banghead: apparently he was asking for other reasons than being interested in open carry.

Status
Not open for further replies.