• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin stores that infringe upon our rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
I saw a "no guns allowed" sign deep inside the Great Dane Pub (Hilldale location) in Madison today. There's nothing near the entrances that I saw, but this was on a wall near the rest rooms. One could be well inside the establishment and never spot that sign. Of course it's a Class B establishment with the usual precautions needed, but still--- for a place that serves liquor they're not quite in line with the spirit of things.

Smokngun

Thanks for the heads up on Viking Liquor in Reedsburg. We (used to) stop there every time we went to our cabin to stock up on "supplies". Have they posted a sign? Last time we were up there was August and didn't see one. I guess we'll have to pick up our bourbon and cigars elsewhere.

xd40 neenah

Scheels Appleton. Where they sell CARRY GUNS :banghead:. was asked to leave by a associate and the assistant manager did not apologize or correct him. No money there. However, sears was apparently ok with it.:eek:

MKEgal

Stopped at a SBUX, since I have the computer with me anyway. Here's what I put on the WCI FB page:

Went to HOBO on S 108th in West Allis this afternoon, planning to spend money. Was greeted by a paper sign on the door telling me my money wasn't welcome. (Said something to t

Attachments

• HOBO 29OCT11.jpg
    HOBO 29OCT11.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:

TaurusToter

Campaign Veteran
Wish I would have known you were over there, we could have met up! I stopped down there today with the family to look at some tile, and had a very similar conversation with the manager (Dave, I think).

I appreciate the link, because the gentleman that I spoke with didn't want to give me the time of day. My conversation with him literally lasted 10 seconds. Once I started to voice my concerns about the newly posted signage, he rolled his eyes and walked away. Totally unprofessional.

MKEgal

TaurusToter said:
...had a very similar conversation with the manager (Dave, I think).
... didn't want to give me the time of day. My conversation with him literally lasted 10 seconds. Once I started to voice my concerns about the newly posted signage, he rolled his eyes and walked away. Totally unprofessional.
Wow! Yeah, VERY unprofessional. I'm sure corporate won't be happy to hear about that.

But that's pretty cool that we know of 2 lost customers in one day. :)
Their policy is already hurting their income. :D
[Don't feed the troll. :rolleyes:]

Completely off-topic...:
I just noticed we have the old-style smilies back! :monkey
I like the way these look better than the others.

Last edited:

kemo

Aspirus

Aspirus Inc. just put a letter out saying no concealed carry. They also said in the letter that you can't have your firearm in the parking lot in parking lot or sidewalks around buildings. I think they are over stepping. This will be post at all Aspirus buildings. This is in effect now and this is for all people not just employees.

Last edited:

protias

I am not going to put on employers. One reason being, it will be way too long. The other reason is, several businesses allow customers to carry, but not employees (e.g. Walmart and Pizza Hut).

FarmerGreg

The Parts Place in Elkhorn has an orange sign in there front window that said (No weapon's please). I was waiting for them to open then seen the sign so I decided to go to Napa in Elkhorn instead. They lost a $26.19 sale because of that sign and they will probably loose many more sale's because of it. Napa was selling Marine style knives at there counter. LOL

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Globe University...Big old sign at front door.

Quick question. If a place like a private school had not had a "no weapons" policy in the past, can they enforce one now if there was a signed agreement for attendance made prior to the posting? What I'm getting at is: Is there any kind of legal document that was exercised between the student and the institution that might override such a drastic change in policy mid-term?

protias

Quick question. If a place like a private school had not had a "no weapons" policy in the past, can they enforce one now if there was a signed agreement for attendance made prior to the posting? What I'm getting at is: Is there any kind of legal document that was exercised between the student and the institution that might override such a drastic change in policy mid-term?

Signs must be posted. However, K-12 school grounds are still off limits (felony).

Mlutz

Signs must be posted. However, K-12 school grounds are still off limits (felony).

It seems like he was talking about Globe... Thats not a k-12.

While I'm here, add Tutto Pasta Trattoria. Its by the capitol.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran

As Mlutz says, I'm wondering about private schools of the post-secondary education level: colleges, universities, trade schools, etc. Some states' laws do not prohibit carry in such a school by legislation. If Wisconsin is one of these, then can a school really implement a "no firearms" policy in the middle of a term in which you have a contract of admission, such contract of admission being made before such a policy?

Last edited:

vermonter

I was in Kenosha suburbs today and found signs on Applebys, PDQ Gas Station and Whole Foods in Milwaukee. Congratulated the Manager at Fazoli's for not putting up a sign and also at Old Country Buffet. OCB manager stated as long a PPL don't open carry and upset the guests he will not put up a sign keeping permit holders who lawfully conceal out. He agreed when I mentioned the "sheeple" thing and said - "Well this is Wisconsin, not Arizona", PPL are not used to OC here and there are many liberals here. I guess that means he's pro gun? He also stated he has not seen OC in the restaurant before and the issue has not come up - therefore no sign as of yet.....

cudahogs

Comfort Suites in Oshkosh has a sign in the lobby under the television. Nothing on the main entrance doors.

Status
Not open for further replies.