• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin stores that infringe upon our rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

phleye

If one is posted, I'm sure the rest of Boucher Group is. I'm glad I didn't buy my car from them.

Unfortunately I've bought 3 cars from them and today was the last day I'll go there for service. If it matters, the salesman I deal with there doesn't approve of the sign and did send in for his CCW too. He did talk to the manager there but he wouldn't change his mind.

protias

Unfortunately I've bought 3 cars from them and today was the last day I'll go there for service. If it matters, the salesman I deal with there doesn't approve of the sign and did send in for his CCW too. He did talk to the manager there but he wouldn't change his mind.

I was looking at a Ford at their Falls location and the salesman was going to send in his application the last time I spoke with him (earlier this year). I got a better deal elsewhere because he wasn't going to go any lower than MSRP. Fine by me. I've only been able to talk with them a couple of times below MSRP.

TheManInBlack

All buildings as in public buildings?

Well actually the only public building they have is the Kaytee Learning Center.. but all plants are posted as well.. no second amendment rights to the public and their employees.. Won't be buying bird seed from them anymore.. email was sent..

msteinhilber

Milio's Sandwiches in Madison off American Parkway posted no firearms. Disappointed since I was hoping for one of their sub's for lunch but took my business elsewhere. Going to try and determine if it's just the franchise owners choice or company policy, I don't get to many of their other locations but may swing by the Verona location and see if they posted.

gfdengine204

Email sent to Stan's Lumber in Twin Lakes, WI

I was headed to your Twin Lakes store to browse for ideas for some remodeling I am planning for the spring, and I noticed you have posted signs at all your entrances prohibiting weapons. That's too bad, because I will no longer be spending my money as long as your policy is to prohibit law abiding citizens such as myself from entering your premises with the tools to defend myself.

Incidentally, are you aware that in the current legislation regarding concealed carry of weapons, any business that prohibits weapons, and posts signage to that effect, is NOT protected by statute from legal action? For example, if I were to be in your business, and someone entered to commit a robbery, and I were injured or killed because I was unable to defend myself (due to your policy), your business would be liable to a suit by me or my family. However, if your business does not prohibit weapons, your business is protected by statute from litigation.

I look forward to hearing your response to my inquiry.

Sincerely,

Kevin Scott
Twin Lakes, WI

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
Excellent letter!

I was headed to your Twin Lakes store to browse for ideas for some remodeling I am planning for the spring, and I noticed you have posted signs at all your entrances prohibiting weapons. That's too bad, because I will no longer be spending my money as long as your policy is to prohibit law abiding citizens such as myself from entering your premises with the tools to defend myself.

Incidentally, are you aware that in the current legislation regarding concealed carry of weapons, any business that prohibits weapons, and posts signage to that effect, is NOT protected by statute from legal action? For example, if I were to be in your business, and someone entered to commit a robbery, and I were injured or killed because I was unable to defend myself (due to your policy), your business would be liable to a suit by me or my family. However, if your business does not prohibit weapons, your business is protected by statute from litigation.

I look forward to hearing your response to my inquiry.

Sincerely,

Kevin Scott
Twin Lakes, WI
Excellent letter; short and to the point, and educational. :idea:

protias

Pizza Hut, Antigo has posted. I'll get a picture in the morning.

Will try to contact owner also.

Delavan as well. I emailed through the 'contact us' on the pizzahut.com web site. I will drive by and see if I can get the actual owner information as well.

I wonder if those stores are corporate owned. If they are, they are going against company policy.

http://azstarnet.com/business/local/article_eac10bf7-363c-5acf-b899-dc012bfa04fe.html

paul@paul-fisher.com

I wonder if those stores are corporate owned. If they are, they are going against company policy.

http://azstarnet.com/business/local/article_eac10bf7-363c-5acf-b899-dc012bfa04fe.html

That is a franchise, Pizza Hut of Arizona, nit Pizza Hut Corporate. Delavan is definitely a franchise. It has a website on it's door but I didn't catch it on the drive by. I will look later this week.

The company that owns most of Southern Arizona's Pizza Huts has reversed policy and is allowing customers to carry firearms into the restaurants if they are legal possessors.Patrick McKinney, vice president of operations for Tucson-based Pizza Hut of Arizona,

Status
Not open for further replies.