• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin stores that infringe upon our rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

XD40-OD

Campaign Veteran
Cenex - Pittsville WI

Talked to the GM

He said he's in the Army, and the only person he trusts with a weapon is himself.

He told me it was mainly to prevent hunters from bringing loaded rifles and shotguns into the store. This was an excuse and his change in body language told me that was not the full truth.

Semper Fi

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
Talked to the GM

He said he's in the Army, and the only person he trusts with a weapon is himself.

He told me it was mainly to prevent hunters from bringing loaded rifles and shotguns into the store. This was an excuse and his change in body language told me that was not the full truth.

Semper Fi

Next step, find who the board of directors are and contact them. The story the GM told you doesn't make sense. Does he know that its illegal to have a loaded long gun in a vehicle? So a hunter is going to gas up, take out his shotgun, load it and walk into the store?

M

McX

Douglas Ave. Hardware- Racine, NOT POSTED! i spoke with the clerk at the checkout, and asked her to thank the management for not posting, i also assured her i would mention this 'to the organization', and they will see more business as carriers come to spend where their rights are protected. thank God i found another hardware store to go to, after losing my beloved one. now onto finding another favorite pizza place.

Protias, mark this place as friendly to us!

Helorob

Where is this one??

Douglas Ave. Hardware- Racine, NOT POSTED!

Address?? I need a north side hardware store and the 'other' one is posted:mad:. Time to switch.

Depends on your tastes, but the Charcoal Grill on Douglas & 3mi was not posted last time i was there (about 10 days ago). They have good pizza and do take out.

M

McX

i'm not absolutely sure; it could be me seeing things, or not seeing things, as it were. but i went by my posted, and once beloved hardware store, where i gave them the no guns=no money cards, and walked out. i couldnt see any signs! Have they come down? i will have to investigate further!

Outdoorsman1

Lee's True Value (Ace) Hardware on Taylor Ave. (south side) is very firearm friendly, even before Act 35 went into effect. I open carried there many times and was told that I was welcome because they are aware that BG's will illegally carry no matter what and "It is nice to see a law abiding citizen being able to protect himself"...

And maybe already posted here but United Health Care / Wheaton Franciscan (St. Mary's) Hospital (Racine) is posted with "No Weapons" signs with a picture of a handgun AND a knife... Picture to follow next week..

Outdoorsman1

Last edited:
M

McX

Lee's True Value (Ace) Hardware on Taylor Ave. (south side) is very firearm friendly, even before Act 35 went into effect. I open carried there many times and was told that I was welcome because they are aware that BG's will illegally carry no matter what and "It is nice to see a law abiding citizen being able to protect himself"...

And maybe already posted here but United Health Care / Wheaton Franciscan (St. Mary's) Hospital (Racine) is posted with "No Weapons" signs with a picture of a handgun AND a knife... Picture to follow next week..

Outdoorsman1

any signs on the clinic(s) building(s) to the right of the hospital-proper?

Canard

Urban Outfitters along with 90% of the shops on State Street in Madison.
I haven't checked the Milwaukee store yet.

Makes it hard to do a little Xmas shopping.

MattD

So after I dropped my daughter off at school this morning I stopped over at Oreilly Auto Parts to pick up the wiper motor I had ordered for my wifes car.

Oreillys = Not posted

Since my mother in-laws office is just across the street I figured I would stop in and say hi (had the son with and he wanted to see his gma).

Gunderson & Assoc. = Not posted

After awhile there we decided it was lunch time. We debated where to go and I thought Milwaukee Burger sounded good. So we drove there.

Milwaukee Burger = POSTED

So we went to plan B and drove to Mancinos over by the mall.

Mancinos = POSTED

Ended up sayin screw it and ate at Asia Palace.

Asia Palace = Not posted

M

McX

looks like the old unloaded and encased dance we used to do has now gone to: can i go in there?-dance.

M

McX

Hardware Store- 3 Mi. and Douglas Racine- NO LONGER POSTED! signs are gone.

IcrewUH60

McDonald's #10097 - 2610 S Green Bay Rd Racine, WI 53406

Posted "No Concealed Weapons" (I'm guessing Open Carry is perfectly fine!?!)

Phone 262-554-7876 for comments/suggestions.

This is the *first* McDonald's I've ever seen posted. Oh yeah, No Soliciting either, so you know what crowd you're being grouped with :cuss:

IcrewUH60

Harbor Freight, Madison south/west side. Signage of 'No Firearms/ weapons.'

I Just spoke with a Harbor Freight Corporate contact (who asked to remain anonymous) and he told me that the "old president" of the company decided a few years back not to post if state law allowed. However, there is a new president now and he was not familiar about any changes in the policy - if any

He noted that Harbor Freight stores are NOT franchised, meaning that the local managers should be held to the same corporate standards.
He also suggested that we contact harbor freight via their facebook page and voice our concerns there as it is "heavily monitored" by corporate employees.

stickbow95

Posted "No Concealed Weapons" (I'm guessing Open Carry is perfectly fine!?!)

Phone 262-554-7876 for comments/suggestions.

This is the *first* McDonald's I've ever seen posted. Oh yeah, No Soliciting either, so you know what crowd you're being grouped with :cuss:

I wonder if this store is owned by Kilian Management? I tried calling the phone number, but didn't get an answer.
Kilian owns most of the McDonalds in Northern WI, as well as many others. I think they own around 36 stores currently. None of their stores in this area are posted to my knowledge.

Also: Who is it that makes up the soliciting crowd that we are being grouped with? Just curious.

xenophon

Wilde Honda - Waukesha

Wilde Honda in Waukesha has "No Firearms allowed on this property" on every entrance. Wonder what's Honda Corps policy is on that one. I spend how much money on a vehicle and service, and have to be denied a right?

Status
Not open for further replies.