• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WTF: why is there a huge anti gun and anti scott walker banner ad appearing here?

M

McX

hackers? hackcosians? Hackaroids? right now i see the ever present virginia gun owners forum, that and that ski masked dude.

oh, there it is, bottom of the page! Red Lectroids from the 8TH Dimension!

Last edited:

VW_Factor

Its Google Ad Sense.. If it shows you an ad, its because its been "targetted" to your browsing habits.. If you browsed for clothing a lot, it would likely show you clothing related ads.

paul@paul-fisher.com

The key is, click on the ad when it appears. They charge the advertiser by the view and by the click. How ironic it would be that WAVE sends a check to OCDO.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned before, our ads are served by Google Adsense. I have, until this point, placed no limits on what ads can run here other than blocking adult ads.

I will see if I can block that site.

John

Batousaii

Fading... fading... gone ...

They look desperate at best. Their last event was May 30th of 2010 ... and last news letter was spring of 2010. Latest video was updated March 2010.

- I would say they are a dying breed. The ad was probably put there as a last ditch effort to revitalize awareness of their little group. Maybe as a last breath in your face dig before they fold. --- Lets hope.

:dude:

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
action.waveedfund.org is now blocked from running ads here (at least they will be in the next hour or so as Google propagates my changes). In the meantime, I will enjoy having them give their money to us. :)

John

baldp8

I first saw this on another site I frequent last night. I wrote their mods and they blocked them, but the ad was back this morning. After I thought about it, I did have to laugh that they are paying to advertise on sites that most likely has a very low conversion rate...;)

MKEgal

smithman said:
I am also anti-violence. Violence against me that is.
+100

paul@paul-fisher.com said:
The key is, click on the ad when it appears. They charge the advertiser by the view and by the click. How ironic it would be that WAVE sends a check to OCDO.
I just saw the ad atop another thread before I found this thread.
If I see it again, I'll click it.
I don't think banning that site is needed; in fact, let them send OCDO money.