• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin stores that infringe upon our rights (v2)

FarmerGreg

Take one off the list. YEA!

It was brought to my attention by another WCI member that Wilmot Mountain Flea Market in Wilmot has reversed their decision and now allow open carry so please take them off the list. Lets all go and shop there while open carrying to show our appreciation as much as we can and if we are well accepted lets all send them a thank you note.

TaurusToter

Campaign Veteran
Hooray!!!!!

Barley Pop in Germantown removed their signs!!!! My Cheers is back! YEAH!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

paul@paul-fisher.com

http://www.adbikerministries.com/

Come in and worship. Interesting sermons presented by Pastor Sherer. An avid sportsman, biker and protector of the 1st Amendment. The second Amendment, not so much. No carry allowed. :cry:

Is that the building he's using or his decision? If it is his, kinda goofy for a ministry called 'armed and dangerous' (yes, I know, the Bible is the sword of God).

JJC

I was treated very rudely today at AAA in La Crosse.

I needed to get passport photo's taken. Went to the door and was stopped by the sign that said Only LEO are permited to carry GUN's here. Put mine back. When I asked about the policy, the person behind the desk said IT"S CORPORATE POLICY, in a very loud voice and a condesending tone. I asked to see a copy of the policy and was told to call madison for a copy. She started banging drawers and such in a huff. Not very good service.

I see they're not on the list, so a call to Madison is in order.

Does anybody know if other AAA's in WI are posted?

JJC

M

McX

yanked this off another state's forum:

If you are a AAA member, right now they have a deal going on where you can get your concealed carry class from 2A for $30 instead of $60. I got an email on it from AAA.

it appears in some states they love you, others they hate you..................for what it's worth; i love you.............well, not realy, but i do like you..............sorta.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

I needed to get passport photo's taken. Went to the door and was stopped by the sign that said Only LEO are permited to carry GUN's here. Put mine back. When I asked about the policy, the person behind the desk said IT"S CORPORATE POLICY, in a very loud voice and a condesending tone. I asked to see a copy of the policy and was told to call madison for a copy. She started banging drawers and such in a huff. Not very good service.

JJC
Seems odd
If you are a AAA member, right now they have a deal going on where you can get your concealed carry class from 2A for $30 instead of $60. I got an email on it from AAA. You might want to go to their website and check it out.

JJC

Rude AAA office

I was told in La Crosse it was a nation wide corporate policy. I called and left a message to corporate. Haven't received a reply as of yet.

JJC

protias

JJC

Sounds more like someone speaking above her pay grade. It is in the La Crosse section now but will be amended once you find out from the actual people who make the rules. You could always join the National Motorists Association.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

As to passport photos, we do them from the laptop camera.

tricolordad

Wal-Mart in New Richmond

I was accosted by a few customers in Wal-Mart in New Richmond, St. Croix county, but when an employee confronted me, I handed her copies of the laws and the opencarry.org pamphlet concerning open carry and explained that if Wal-Mart objected to my lawful openly carried firearm that they would need to post signs in plain view at all entrances. Long story short, management has had no issues with it since then. Apparently not all Wal-Marts infringe on my rights. I have, however, noticed that when I move from one department to another, calls to the manager to pick up line so and so are announced over the PA system. When I wear my DCUs or ACUs, I have no issues whatsoever with the general public or store management anywhere. Funny how that works out.

berettabone

Banned
Southridge Mall....Greenfield.........................Waukesha Memorial Hospital...Waukesha............Schlossmans Honda City..West Allis

MKEgal

Welcome to the forum. Hope to see you at some events.
tricolordad said:
Wal-Mart in New Richmond, St. Croix county, but when an employee confronted me, I handed her copies of the laws and the opencarry.org pamphlet concerning open carry and explained that if Wal-Mart objected to my lawful openly carried firearm that they would need to post signs in plain view at all entrances.
:banghead: :cuss:
In general, if it's an employee causing you problems, get the manager.
If it's the manager causing you problems, call corporate.

Wal-Mart, for all its failings, does welcome lawfully-armed citizens. Any employee or manager who tries to tell you otherwise will be corrected by the people who are actually allowed to make such policy decisions.
Most employees who try to enforce their opinions are waaaaay below the pay grade to be making such decisions for the company... whatever company it is.

And never suggest that a store post "keep out" signs.
If they tell you to go away, go away. Then contact the owner or manager or corporate.
But if they get the idea into their head to post "criminals welcome" signs, nobody who's lawfully armed (other than on-duty LEO) will be allowed to shop there.

You could, however, explain the liability clause to the manager.
You know, the one that says by not turning away lawfully-armed customers the store is immune from any consequences of that action.
That's changed many minds, esp. once the insurance companies understand it.

when I move from one department to another, calls to the manager to pick up line so and so are announced over the PA system.
:mad:
I'd mention this harassment to the store manager or owner.
Me having the sense of impishness that I do, I'd also be tempted to ping-pong between a couple departments several times, noting when I move & when the PA announcement is made each time.

Last edited:

Deek

It's been a while since I've run across a new-to-me no gun sign, but the Red Robin in Appleton is posted. Not posted really well, because I almost walked in without seeing it even while looking for any signs. The lettering is on the very bottom of the door in a dark red print that blends in with everything else. Went in and talked to a manager type person and left a card.

Manager person said that it's corporates idea and they probably wouldnt change unless someone objected.....so I objected.

Here's hoping

protias

It's been a while since I've run across a new-to-me no gun sign, but the Red Robin in Appleton is posted. Not posted really well, because I almost walked in without seeing it even while looking for any signs. The lettering is on the very bottom of the door in a dark red print that blends in with everything else. Went in and talked to a manager type person and left a card.

Manager person said that it's corporates idea and they probably wouldnt change unless someone objected.....so I objected.

Here's hoping

Added, so keep us "posted" if something changes. :)

FarmerGreg

add one to the list for Delavan.

First Supply in Delavan is posted. The sign says no firearms or weapons and has a picture of a gun and a knife. I'd bet almost every plumber going there is carrying a knife but I guess they are tools and that's ok?

JRG

Couple of places in the Wausau area that have "the sign" posted:

Polito's Pizza (downtown Wausau). No biggie. Their pizza sucks anyways.
Vino Latte (Grand Ave. Wausau). Coffee/Wine shop
Harbor Freight (Schofield/Rothschild - Shopko Plaza). Stopped in today to look for some stuff. Noticed the sign, pulled out a card and handed it to a check-out person and asked her to give it to her manager. Then I promptly walked out and went to Fleet Farm.

JRG