• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Madison PD detains and cites OCers tonight.

Spartacus

Banned
We are law abiding citizens, not extremists. The law allows for an officer to disarm you while you are being detained. Your obligation is to comply and then file a complaint or suit afterwards. Any time we interact with others while we are carrying, we need to hold ourselves to a very high standard of conduct to the point of being passive if need be.

Perfect post.

Rich B

This is a bit off topic, but this thread is what got my interest, so I will try it here.

How many members does Wisconsin Carry have? I am very impressed by what I am hearing of your organization, and I am trying to figure out how it relates to the CT organization (CCDL) that I am currently in.

Spartacus

Banned
Surely the police chief wouldn't put himself in a position of having his officers arresting people if the DA was going to be declining their prosecution.

It happens all the time where folks are arrested and the DA declines to proffer charges. You can languish in a jail cell for up to three days and then get kicked to the curb without even an apology. But this is our system such as it is.

Spartacus

Banned
This is a bit off topic, but this thread is what got my interest, so I will try it here.

How many members does Wisconsin Carry have? I am very impressed by what I am hearing of your organization, and I am trying to figure out how it relates to the CT organization (CCDL) that I am currently in.

Hi Rich. I lived and carried in Hartford for years. You already have concealed carry by permit. In WI we only have Open Carry and WCI is promoting that and working on getting livable concealed carry passed soon.

ARADCOM

Good Point

It happens all the time where folks are arrested and the DA declines to proffer charges. You can languish in a jail cell for up to three days and then get kicked to the curb without even an apology. But this is our system such as it is.

And I understand that the DA doesn't always prosecute people who are arrested. I was referring to this particular situation: arrest or cite every OC'er (just to show you're in charge and to make it hard on them) and the DA regularly declines to prosecute them.

That's kind of institutionalizing civil rights violations and I would think the city and PD would end up paying for that, big time, not to far down the road.

MKEgal

I read that there might be something happening this Sat. in Madison, in response to all this?
If someone would please PM me w/ info, I'd appreciate it.
I'll be in IL until about 1, but could be to Madison by maybe 3?

M

McX

answer; a whole lot more members after the recent events. soon our sign will read like McDonalds; Billions and Billions served.

protias

How many members are there? That is privy only to members at this time. WI Carry fights for our right to carry how, when, and where we please without extra taxes (permits and required training) or any other restrictions (permits and finger printed like a criminal). We hope other states will follow this model.

protias

I read that there might be something happening this Sat. in Madison, in response to all this?
If someone would please PM me w/ info, I'd appreciate it.
I'll be in IL until about 1, but could be to Madison by maybe 3?

The only thing I am aware of the Baraboo picnic, which has been planned for at least a month.

M

McX

looks like from the madison 5 the next incident in recorded history will be the madison 500. bitchin! surf's up baby!