• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Vicki McKenna BREAKING....just got this from WIBA news team: "Also just a heads up Pa

M

McX

Vicki McKenna BREAKING....just got this from WIBA news team: "Also just a heads up Pa

Vicki McKenna BREAKING....just got this from WIBA news team: "Also just a heads up Paul Knoff in Neillsvile just sent as a story on a Clark Co. judge ruling that the state ban on concealed carry is unconstitutional. Could be huge. " STAY TUNED.

just yanked this off of the book!

M

McX

More!

Vicki McKenna wrote:
"OH MY GOODNESS. I HAVE THE DECISION. KEY QUOTE: "Thus, while the State has an interest in public safety, sec. 941.23 (PROHIBITION OF CCW) is unconstitutional because it is not narrowly tailored to achieve the State’s interest nor is it the least restrictive means for achieving that interest.""

M

McX

Doug, need you to scan the PDF and weigh in on this; we going to get anything out of this? How do you read it?

anmut

Vicki McKenna BREAKING....just got this from WIBA news team: "Also just a heads up Paul Knoff in Neillsvile just sent as a story on a Clark Co. judge ruling that the state ban on concealed carry is unconstitutional. Could be huge. " STAY TUNED.

just yanked this off of the book!

I love that girl - her rants by far are some of my favorite on radio.

M

McX

been poking around in the comments section, here's what i got so far: applies to that county only, will undoubtedly be appealed, headed to state supreme court. Might we be witnessing the birth of Constitutional Carry in Wisconsin?!

M

McX

commented on the book, and will put the same here: it will kinda poo-poo cary events, if we all show up concealed, no one will know, no one will know about their rights!

The Don

commented on the book, and will put the same here: it will kinda poo-poo cary events, if we all show up concealed, no one will know, no one will know about their rights!

Not really. Just because we CAN carry concealed doesn't mean we MUST carry concealed.

M

McX

True Don, hopefully if this goes forward it will defang the police picking on open carriers, and maybe denut madison. Historic days my brothers (and sisters).

yanked this off the book too:
Vicki McKenna ‎@john, the AG will say that he'll wait for the appeal to filed in 20 days. He's the lawyer for the state, after all. This judge just declared the state in error.

Last edited:

JerryD

I liked the way he cited the Madison 5 guys in his decision, any bets as to the way he would rule if that case went before him?

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
WOW! Read footnote [2]; "2 This court notes that it agrees with Justice Clarence Thomas of the United States Supreme Court as to his interpretation and application of the Fourteenth Amendment to the States. See McDonald, Justice Thomas, concurrence." IIRC, this is support for PorI versus (that means against) 'due process'!

M

McX

everybody, quick put on your sun glasses, the flash will be visible soon!

J.Gleason

Banned
been poking around in the comments section, here's what i got so far: applies to that county only, will undoubtedly be appealed, headed to state supreme court. Might we be witnessing the birth of Constitutional Carry in Wisconsin?!

YES, Indeed! on the Constitutional carry question.

However, this does not necessarily only apply to that county. It is a court decision and does have some precedence.

Last edited:
M

McX

Mr. Gleason, move over or sit down, i want to see the flash too! where the hell is sparticus when i need him?! (har-har)