• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC'R Gets arrested and charged with CCW...

Landose_theghost

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Havent been on this board in ages,but I seen this article on Drudge and had to post it. Basicaly some "concerned" a$$hole gets LE involved,they arrest the guy, illegaly search him, and find two knives on his person...blah blah, I almost puked a lil bit reading this crap, be prepared to be furious...link below:

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/crime/man-arrested-for-packing-gun-at-boynton-beach-1074340.html

-Landose-

PS-I'm diggin the new look of OCDO btw :)

Welcome back! Things have changed and I hope they stay that way!

The guy carrying openly in Florida...well, unfortunately it is illegal in Florida to open carry except in certain circumstances.....shopping at Walmart isn't one of them. Florida residents must band together and fight for the right to keep and bear arms....not for the privilege of paying for a permit that ALLOWS a person to carry a "arm".

Once again, welcome back!

protias

Welcome back Landose!

I know they've been fighting recently to get the OC prohibition repealed in the last month or so. This guy should have done his own research and found what restrictions there are. Hopefully Constitutional Carry picks up steam across the entire US.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Well what I don't understand is the concealed weapons part. If he has a valid Az permit, the concealed knives should be A-OK. Both Florida and Arizona permits are for concealed weapons, not just concealed firearms.

However, as pointed out above, OC is not legal in Florida, so I'm not sure what you would regard as an illegal search since the arrest for OC would appear to be legitimate.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Nice to see you Landose !! come around more often ! Just wait until WI get CCW, for the first few years the cops are going to be screwing with us big time..until the bugs get worked out and a few cops get fired for violating our rights......

protias

Nice to see you Landose !! come around more often ! Just wait until WI get CCW, for the first few years the cops are going to be screwing with us big time..until the bugs get worked out and a few cops get fired for violating our rights......
The police have been messing with us even after the AG memo. I have yet to hear of any police getting fired in this state.

Last edited:

1FASTC4

"with a 30-round magazine"

I understand "To each his own" but I would think this Hi-cap mag would make this weapon rather unwieldly as far as a self defense weapon goes.

jpm84092

Many Questions

I have read several FL media accounts of this arrest. In one of them, the media reports the guy is charged with possession of prescription pharmaceuticals without a prescription. In another, the guy is alleged to have told the presiding judge at his initial hearing that he is ex-Federal Law Enforcement. (Makes inquiring minds want to know why he was not papered as such.)

In still another, he is supposed to have an Arizona CFP, but FL only honors AZ permits if the permit holder is a legal resident of AZ - and that still does not address the fact that FL prohibits Open Carry. So the AZ permit, if valid, is moot.

Then there is the matter of the 30-round magazine in his Glock. That alone would make the "sheeple" nervous.

OK - so we have a guy who is not a FL resident (the media did not report where he is a resident of), has an AZ CFP (but we do not know if he is an AZ resident and FL only honors AZ resident permits), carries open in a no open carry State, is reported in at least one FL media report to have 4 felony convictions, has Rx drugs on him with no prescription, has two knives and one chemical on him,... is this the picture of stability?

I caution my friends on this forum not to get too excited until all the facts of this case are known.

Last edited:

LR Yote 312

The police have been messing with us even after the AG memo. I have yet to hear of any police getting fired in this state.

Me either.

All the memo succeeded in doing is make them dig deeper to find any little thing to charge us for.

LR Yote

Last edited:

Landose_theghost

Damn the media!

First and foremost, thanks for the warm welcome back guys! And yes, it feels good to be back! But anyways, I did not know that FL was an Anti-OC state *shakes head with hand on forehead*. Shame on you Florida!!! But yea, regardless of the facts, the only reason LE responded in this matter is because a weapon was involved,plain and simple. And it is a crying shame to see the media hyping this "Guy gets arrested for packing heat" crap. I seriously cannot for the life of me understand why people have this hatred for an inanimate object and hang people to dry based on an unjust hate. Guns don't kill people,people kill people,plain and simple (30 round mag or not, how many of us carry more than 2 mags whilst carrying? My point exactly). Seems to me that the nanny govt wont stop untill we are all wearing helmets and padded body suits to "keep us safe". I meanwhile, will have my 9mm on my side, loaded with 124 grain JHP's for my safety thank you very much! ***Rant complete***.

BTW- I can't wait till 2011, CCW here we come! (Yea registration bothers me a bit, but hey, beats trying to fight a CCW case!)

-Landose-

1FASTC4

I hear ya on the extra mag point and I wasn't being critical of his choice to carry a hicap mag in his weapon. I just meant that, for me at least, it would probably prove more unwieldly than a regular mag. I think it would/could slow down draw to sight picture time.... Be a larger risk of getting hung up? I'm no expert on this... just my first thought on it.

M

McX

i'm sure the charges arise from the totality of circumstances. where have we heard that line of crap before?

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
By Eliot Kleinberg Palm Beach Post Staff WriterUpdated: 6:02 p.m. Friday, Nov. 26, 2010

BOYNTON BEACH — Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

A customer expecting to see great deals waved down authorities after she saw something else: a man packing a gun while waiting in line at a Black Friday sale.
Police arrested Christopher D. Scott, 49, just after midnight Friday in a checkout line at the Walmart at 3200 Old Boynton Road.

Officers had been doing an extra patrol at the store because of the large Thanksgiving Night crowd seeking early bargains.

Scott is charged with two counts of carrying a concealed firearm and three counts each of carrying a prohibited weapon and possession of a controlled substance without a prescription.

Scott lives out of state and was visiting his ill mother, he said Friday afternoon. He said he was in the store buying her supplies.

He expects the charges will be dropped, he said. "I've just never been so humiliated in my life," Scott said.

A police log said Scott wore a .40-caliber Glock handgun with a 30-round magazine in a holster at his hip, as well as two concealed knives and a "pepper grenade."

He also had prescription pills but no label or paperwork, the police log said.
Scott said he had a proper weapon permit in Arizona and believed it was reciprocal in Florida.

He also didn't understand why he was charged with carrying a concealed weapon when he wore the gun in plain sight, as advised by colleagues.

And he said he had proper documents for the prescription drugs.
A police report wasn't available Friday because the department was closed.

In court Friday, prosecutors told Palm Beach Circuit Judge Krista Marx that Scott had five previous arrests, for a misdemeanor and four felonies.

Scott leaned to Assistant Public Defender Juan Fernandez-Barquin and revealed he was retired from law enforcement positions with both the U.S. Department of Interior and the Department of Justice.

"I find it hard to believe, with the felony (arrests)," Marx said. Scott then said he'd been a victim of identity theft.

Assistant State Attorney Rob Melchiorre later said he'd checked and the arrest record was in fact for a different person.

Marx ordered Scott held in lieu of $15,000 bail, with the option to instead leave jail on supervised release, which he did around 12:20 p.m. Friday.

Because of the long holiday weekend, Scott's federal résumé couldn't be confirmed Friday.

Kendra Barkoff, spokeswoman for the Department of Interior, said via e-mail that she "can't comment one way or the other." Justice Department spokespersons didn't return calls.