• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Fish Fry At Lizzy's Green Cafe Friday The 7th Of January 2011!

oak1971

Once again, Lizzy's fed us well and we had a good turnout. Picked up at least one new guy, Tim and had 3 of the Madison 5 in attendance. Thanks to Adam and Lizzy, and to the usual cast of characters for a good time.

HandyHamlet

Ditto.

The problem with these things is there is never enough time to chat with everyone. And there are too many good conversations going on at once...

oak1971

Ditto.

The problem with these things is there is never enough time to chat with everyone. And there are too many good conversations going on at once...

Very true. They practically had to shove us out the door to close up for the night. :lol:

springfield 1911

Founder's Club Member
Running Wolf it was a pleasure meeting you, As always it was great to see everyone and share good food along with conversation.

Motofixxer what a surprise to see you! It was good!

Thank you Lizzy and Adam Along with the staff.

Motofixxer

Yep thx Adam for chatting and the food was great. It was nice to meet a few new people, didn't have time to meet and chat with all, but there is always next time.
Springfield and McX it was good to chat again.

Running Wolf

Campaign Veteran
It was good to meet everybody last night. Thanks for the warm welcome, this truly is an "open" community. :lol:

Many thanks to Adam, excellent hospitality!

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Last Night Was Truly Spectacular!

McX and I were running late...quite a bit later than usual so we got there after 7 last night and I have to say I was shocked. There were only a few seats available! As I looked around at first I thought it was just us and my family from the open carry community and a few minutes later I noticed John (had to stare a few seconds since he "changed" his appearance) and the usual suspects sitting at a long table. I tried to count how many of us were there and I think we broke 30. I was told that some open carry people had already eaten and left for the evening before we even arrived.

We did stay very late and were the only ones left at closing time. So we left so Adam, Lizzy and the staff could close shop and go home. My hat is once again off to Adam, Lizzy and the great staff at Lizzy's Green Cafe!

Nice meeting you Running Wolf (Tim) and yes, 3 of the Madison 5 were there. We have to get all 5 together for a photo opportunity.

Looking forward to next time.....

Mlutz

Nice meeting you Running Wolf (Tim) and yes, 3 of the Madison 5 were there. We have to get all 5 together for a photo opportunity.

Looking forward to next time.....

Seeing as it would be over 300 miles, and 6 hours of driving... Don't know that the last "member" will be able to make it...

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Me too! Where were you Paul! :)

I have to say I really was floored when I walked in the door. Wow, it was packed! We were the last to leave that night. Mlutz I hope you can make it to an event one day with the rest of the "Madison 5".

Handy Hamlet has a BIG camera to take your guys photo with!

Once again thanks to everyone for attending and having a great time!

paul@paul-fisher.com

I have to say I really was floored when I walked in the door. Wow, it was packed! We were the last to leave that night. Mlutz I hope you can make it to an event one day with the rest of the "Madison 5".

Handy Hamlet has a BIG camera to take your guys photo with!

Once again thanks to everyone for attending and having a great time!

:cuss::banghead:

Oh well....

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
I Plan On Going For Breakfast Sunday. Time?

Anyone going for breakfast tnis sunday morning?

Pete, I think myself, McX and perhaps Frank are planning on attending. I haven't spoken with Frank since the Friday fish fry but in the past we had breakfast on the weekends we didn't have the fish fry. So...this Sunday would put the breakfast back on schedule.

I will ask McX and Frank when I get a chance and Pat as well. Anyone want to have breakfast this Sunday at Lizzy's? We can set an approximate time and have a nice get together.

Phil

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Since the OC lunch in Racine this Saturday is postponed, my budget will allow for breakfast instead.

Anytime is good for me.

Hello Tim, is 11 a good time? That is when we have met in the past but the holidays threw us off schedule and off time.

Let's see who else may want to attend and try for 11? Hope everyone that wants to go posts their intents.

Looking forward to Sunday breakfast at Lizzy's!

Phil

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Gun Show? Oh NOOoooo you don't!

What ever time works the others is fime with me.
Tlme permiting I was also thinklng of hitting the gun show ln Wakasha

Geez, don't tell me you are going to find another toy to add to your collection :)

I think I am going to look for one of those S&W .45 ACP revolvers.

OK...let's shoot for 11 Sunday morning!

Phil