• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ladue/Frontenac MO 3/20/11 City Hall Tour

sohighlyunlikely

To Whom it may concern,

I will be getting a drink in Starbucks at 1500 South Lindbergh on Sunday 3/20/11 at 11:30AM. Then going a down the street to take a picture of myself and any Open Carry-er who wishes to join me in front of the Frontenac city hall and then the Ladue city hall. Then getting some lunch at a near by place yet to be determined. I do this for open carry awareness. Neither city has any specific laws governing OC. So you only need to meet state requirements for legal OC , but I can not guaranty my actions will be appreciated by local authorities, as well I do not claim responsibility for any unjust persecution you may receive for doing as I do.

If by chance the Starbucks that I am going to be at choses to not want me there and I have to go elsewhere I suggest that if you are joining me you should contact me for my cell number in advance.

Doc

kylemoul

i will be there. not going trout fishing for a couple weeks. wish i would of been home earlier for the sunset hills meet.

sohighlyunlikely

Pics

Laduecopy.jpg

Frontenac.jpg

DSCF3078.jpg

kylemoul

ill tell my part. me and doc were the first ones there, and doc said the guy in line behind me was locked on my firearm.

mspgunner

you can tell the story just make sure I sound charming and persuasive

DOC, you did very well, your ready for prime time. There is another post flying around about FOX 2 and a an OC event, want to be a TV Star? I think there is an OC person looking for some one to talk to FOX. But, I don't know the whole story ..... Personnally I wouldn't volunteer to jump into the arena with the lions unless I knew I'd have any kind of chance. The media can come loaded and might just leave you standing there witha mag of blanks.... VERY HIGH RISK!!!

kylemoul

media exercises their 1st amendment right, the freedom of speech.

maybe we should call them out on that.

mspgunner

media exercises their 1st amendment right, the freedom of speech.

maybe we should call them out on that.

On FOX 2 news he actually did dinda sorta OK. If he felt comfortable with talking to the media it migth have been better. That dang outstanding traffic ticket really messes things up a bit. Especially the "NO BAIL" error.

lancers

From http://members.boardhost.com/stlouiscoptalk/msg/1300761110.html

"This past Sunday a hand-full of these open carry clowns showed up at Starbucks in Ladue and then the Frontenac City Hall parking lot, each openly carrying. Obviously trying to bait the popo. Fortunately they didn't bite. Darrow was suppose to show up, but I dont know if he did. Be careful with these guys. They see us as an enemy and pull these stunts in the hopes for an altercation that they think legitimizes their actions. The firearm unquestionably raises the stakes."

StevenSTL

"This past Sunday a hand-full of these open carry clowns showed up at Starbucks in Ladue and then the Frontenac City Hall parking lot, each openly carrying. Obviously trying to bait the popo. Fortunately they didn't bite. Darrow was suppose to show up, but I dont know if he did. Be careful with these guys. They see us as an enemy and pull these stunts in the hopes for an altercation that they think legitimizes their actions. The firearm unquestionably raises the stakes."

Now THAT is awesome. Maybe we should start posting our meet up plans on that site as well.

***I'm extremely disappointed that they are looking at us like we are criminals looking to pick a fight.***

Last edited:

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate

Then again, perhaps you are a self absorbed ******* seeking an additional 15 minutes of fame.

I would have out up 1k in your defense, I pm'd you information. I find myself in a difficult position are you an innocent victim or are you a product of your own doing, bottom line is simply that I am no longer able to support your efforts.

i am anti police interference, but at the same time sir I support law enforcements efforts. your current case lends itself to law enforcement.

Tony4310

We were trying to bait the police this weekend? Did everyone of us that was there miss something? How is having coffee and a scone with my 6 yr old while openly carrying baiting anyone? :question:

Sometimes ignorance is bliss I suppose.

We should get a few of us together and let the media meet and talk to a group of us. I think getting another side of open carry will help is a calm relaxed manner.

Last edited:

Superlite27

Wow!

I just left a comment over there. After reading through the rest of the board I noticed where Tony had left a comment reading almost THE EXACT SAME THING!

For the record, Tony's was first, but I invited them to join us at some future event. After reading trough them all, I see where Tony asked them to join us.

Maybe, as Steven has said above, we could have a big "love-fest" where we invite the local police to Starbucks along with the media and get our perspective out.

Any ideas on a location? I'd make it a big Starbucks. Florissant is pretty good sized along with a decent outdoor seating area. Clayton is big, but outside seating is cramped. I'd vote for Florissant.

Last edited:

mspgunner

The OC movement is not trying to "bait" any one. Darrow did not show. We gather, we chat, the police drive by knowing we are legal and say nothing. A great group of people out for coffee and the citizens see there is no threat from a "Person with a firearm". PR complete we take a couple of photos and go on our way. Kinda like a garden club, gather enjoy the flowers and go home. No one for the most part even seems to notice.

kylemoul

aparently open carry makes you a target.

i guess if i was a robber or rapist id go after the guy with a firearm in plain sight on his hip...yea makes sence