• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC and motorcyles

jarhead1911A

So i recently got a new bike and i cant seem to get a straight answer out of any of my LEO friends. Can you OC on a bike? is it considered a vehicle and need a cpl or whats the deal?

I know i know search is your friend.......

meggers

A vehicle is defined as:

a conveyance that transports people or objects

So, a bike definitely falls under that category. You can OC provided that the gun is unloaded and open (in plain view) on your person. If you get a CPL, it can be loaded and "concealed" (hidden by clothing).

Trigger Dr

A vehicle is defined as:

So, a bike definitely falls under that category. You can OC provided that the gun is unloaded and open (in plain view) on your person. If you get a CPL, it can be loaded and "concealed" (hidden by clothing).

Not entirely correct.
Mark, As you know with the cpl you can oc or cc while in or on a vehicle. I don't think there is a definitive answer. Just oc with your cpl and the gun loaded.

therealcombat

If you've got a CPL you can OC on the bike all you want.

I do it all the time. Bought a tactical drop-thigh holster just for it. Wish i had a picture of me riding while OC but i don't. It's on my list of things to do. :)

OCing on the bike is kinda nice, too. People are courteous as ****. No tailgators whatsoever. One person wouldn't even pull up beside me at a stop light once. Stayed like 3 or 4 car lengths back. :/ I was riding an '07 ninja 650R, wearing full riding suit w/ drop thigh holster.

If you don't have a CPL, you can't carry loaded. So what's the point?

BTW, just make sure you've got tried and tested retention. You don't want the slightest possibility you could lose your weapon on the road. ;)

Last edited:

Metalhead47

As other said, yes you can OC all you want on a motorcycle. Whether or not a CPL is legally required to carry loaded is somewhat of a gray area (IN vs ON), and as always no one wants to be the test case :rolleyes:

Now what you really need, for getting those pokey cagers out of the way, is one of those old-school gunslinger rigs where you can pivot the gun up while in the holster and access the trigger... :p

sudden valley gunner

Spring must be here

This subject comes up every spring.....lol.

Don't you know better to take legal advice from LEO :p

I think Lammo is working on clarifying this for us Bike riders, it would be awesome not to have to carry CPL on motorcycle. Although if I pick up the kids at school OC'ing still gotta have it.

I found too that it makes Canadians drive way better OC'ing on the bike. ;)

Lammo

OK, OK, I remember. I'm supposed to get an AGO request to the boss to see if we can get an answer on this. Gonna have to do it now since the weather will cooperate soon and now that we have added H-D #4 to the collection:

Attachments

• streetbob1.jpg
    streetbob1.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 125

Squeak

OK, OK, I remember. I'm supposed to get an AGO request to the boss to see if we can get an answer on this. Gonna have to do it now since the weather will cooperate soon and now that we have added H-D #4 to the collection:
Where's the pic of 1,2,&3 ?

therealcombat

I have my CPL i was just curious if i was gunna get hassled or no

I asked a Cowlitz County Sherif about it while he had a group of us pulled over for wheelies. He said as long as you're not threatening anyone with it, it's fine.

Some LEOs may try to mess with you, but it's not a problem.

Oh, and when I'm OCing on the bike i ride like an old lady. I don't want to give anyone a negative opinion of OC, so when i OC on the bike i behave like I'm representing the entire OC crowd as a whole. No speeding, no wheelies, no stoppies.... You get the idea.

I think if people saw you pulling wheelies and speeding everywhere while carrying a firearm you might raise a few eyebrows and portray OCers in a negative light.

BTW, what do you ride? Do you have a chatterbox?

Metalhead47

I asked a Cowlitz County Sherif about it while he had a group of us pulled over for wheelies. He said as long as you're not threatening anyone with it, it's fine.

Some LEOs may try to mess with you, but it's not a problem.

Oh, and when I'm OCing on the bike i ride like an old lady. I don't want to give anyone a negative opinion of OC, so when i OC on the bike i behave like I'm representing the entire OC crowd as a whole. No speeding, no wheelies, no stoppies.... You get the idea.

I think if people saw you pulling wheelies and speeding everywhere while carrying a firearm you might raise a few eyebrows and portray OCers in a negative light.

BTW, what do you ride? Do you have a chatterbox?

Bro, when you do stuff like that on public streets, armed or not, you're portraying ALL bikers in a negative light also...

There are places to go do that stuff safely and lawfully.

OlGutshotWilly

Campaign Veteran
Just got this pic in the mail today. I'm kinda likin' this one. Might look good on the Harley:)

ATT005601114.jpg

Last edited:

jt59

One more....custom Road King

I OC'd home from the Vancouver gig last year with my full size Springfield 1911, 45ACP. Lots of looks, thumbs up, several....not so much. Two County Sherriff's were called, checked me out but left me alone.....I OC on it all the time now, when I can get it out to ride.

Attachments

• Motorcycle rides 010.jpg
    Motorcycle rides 010.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 117
Last edited: