• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Poll: When SB234 Becomes A Law How Will You Carry

How will you carry after SB234

• Conceal carry, doing your best to remain concealed even if it means being unconfortable.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Why all the hostility? I started this thread in hopes to get the topic going. You know theres educating people and theres being arrogant about your opinions.

If my arguments (didnt think I was arguing...simply discussing) is "stupid" then dont post here.

And no "we're" not done here...you might be but I still want to hear people's opinions on this and not merely push my own on others.

The "hatred priority" here seems to be yours.

Rod

I'm irritated to see the same dis-logic over and over again... Tell the same lie and eventually they believe it. I merely aim to make sure that lie doesn't get a larger foothold than it already has.

I'm allowed to be irritated by damaging lies. I'm allowed to let it show. I'm allowed to rebut lies.

Once proven wrong, an opinion is no longer an opinion.

Willy556

As traveling comes along with the territory with my job field, I will always have a firearm with me. I would never OC on the job, but when it comes to my personal time, I will be thankful to comfortably OC, in small areas that I know won't cause a scene and always with the lady friend, or close friend at that (for LEO insurance). I don't mind sticking my .38 in my pocket holster for the mall. I know, I know, I am giving in to the oppressors! But their are children at the mall and lots of teenagers that hangout for hours and I do not want the extra eyes as I enter the theater or store. I could care less for walking into an open debate with some hot-head and like to keep to my own business.

I do have a question. Does age have a factor in OCing? I am 24 years young and have had my CWFL since I turned of age. But my biggest concern is with being singled out not just by LEOs, but folk who might think I am "unqualified". I am not a flashy dresser, nor do I like to stick out, but being 6'6'', it is hard to go completely incognito with the crowd :lol:

Last edited:

~*'Phoenix'*~

As traveling comes along with the territory with my job field, I will always have a firearm with me. I would never OC on the job, but when it comes to my personal time, I will be thankful to comfortably OC, in small areas that I know won't cause a scene and always with the lady friend, or close friend at that (for LEO insurance). I don't mind sticking my .38 in my pocket holster for the mall. I know, I know, I am giving in to the oppressors! But their are children at the mall and lots of teenagers that hangout for hours and I do not want the extra eyes as I enter the theater or store. I could care less for walking into an open debate with some hot-head and like to keep to my own business.

I do have a question. Does age have a factor in OCing? I am 24 years young and have had my CWFL since I turned of age. But my biggest concern is with being singled out not just by LEOs, but folk who might think I am "unqualified". I am not a flashy dresser, nor do I like to stick out, but being 6'6'', it is hard to go completely incognito with the crowd :lol:

Hah, I'm 24, 6'2" 225lb, and roll with clean jeans and t-shirt, and worn to the ground sneakers. Be right there with ya...

Willy556

Hah, I'm 24, 6'2" 225lb, and roll with clean jeans and t-shirt, and worn to the ground sneakers. Be right there with ya...

I think it would be great if the younger generation expressed more interest in this. I think living in Central Florida, I deal with UCF students on a daily basis, no matter where I go. This could just be me, but it seems like they are misinformed liberals, hell bent on trying to change the world, one witty youtube video and espresso at a time!

I am not saying OC is for everyone or everywhere, commonsense be the judge. But I think it would debunk some of the myths behind open carry from "Wyatt Earp" to normal lady/gent, going about their day or some gung-ho "militia member" waiting in the alley to pick a fight, to an average joe/jane, expressing his/her freedom as a citizen of this great country, to protect him/herself and loved ones.

I have the utmost respect for law enforcement. Everyone can share their bad "experience" of a friend of a friend of a friend and so forth. But it comes down to my need to feel safe in my environment, knowing I would never try to put myself in harms way, nor go looking for it and how much am I willing to risk to put all my faith and personal protection in someone I don't even know. It only took a couple of minutes to lose a dear friend of mine and I still carry his photo in my wallet.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2010-12-16/news/os-death-sentence-upheld-allred-20101216_1_death-sentences-oviedo-man-barwick-and-ruschak

77zach

Assuming we can defeat "law enforcement" in the next two senate committees and this becomes law, I'll probably OC everywhere I can get away with. If I have to go to the mall, for example, I'll probably CC since there is a very high probability that I'd just get kicked out otherwise. There are some private establishments (like malls) that will most likely be averse to our rights. Whatever. It's their right to be stupid pansies and my right not to participate in my own inconvenience, so concealed it is. Public property is another matter completely and it's a shame college carry died at the hands of that RINO. I would have greatly enjoyed OCing on UF's campus. Maybe next year.

Alude904

I kind of feel the same way. Also, i am 23 and look really young. 5'5" 135lbs. I expect to get a lot of eyes and even stopped even though i dont wish this. I dress Clean. Mostly jeans and a button down shirt. Still i know it would be my right and i wouldnt let anyone take that away from me but i do have my doubts being who i am. Im very mature, especially when it comes to firearms. My main reason to oc is for comfort and practicality.

~*'Phoenix'*~

My main reason to oc is for comfort and practicality.

+1 same for me. That's why I want this so bad.
I hate wearing stupid little cloth IWB holsters and crossdraws, which are the only way I can conceal what I carry.

I want to wear this:
DSCF5298.jpg

Looks, feels, and draws a lot better.
Long term carry comfort, ready availability, and holds my gun more securely against "riding out" etc.
I refuse to wear a shoulder rig, bag carry sucks, and I hate being terrified of my shirt riding up or getting stuck around it to make a massive "I've got a gun!" print.

It's looking like there ARE a lot of 20-somethings, male and female, interested in OC for comfort and practicality. This is Florida after all, and jackets and overshirts are a living :cuss: in the Summer. If I get called out by an officer, I'd rather it be OCing than CCing. He'll know I have the gun, know where it is, know it's not in my hand, and we won't have to go through anything except "Yes sir I have my license, would you like to see it? Ok, thanks have a good day."
(No, I'm not a "capitulator" but until the first round of volunteering martyrs have gotten what they're looking for, I would rather just show them my card and both go our ways rather than debate the issue on the street corner. They'll get around to accepting it's legal and let us go without hassle soon enough; I prefer to minimize whatever hassle I get as I go. It won't stop me from OCing where I want to do so legally and they'll get tired of 'running my numbers.' Maybe I'm wrong, time will tell. If my rights are violated I'll bring it to court.)

That said, I think I'll get around to OCing anywhere without "no gun" signs soon enough. I'll flip my shirt over it when I have to go to those places. No good in asking them to throw me out.

Last edited:

~*'Phoenix'*~

No, no they won't. They will use all the power we allow them to have. Don't consent, but don't resist. Let them know you do not approve of being violated. This can be done very non-confrontational.

I respect the opinion, I'm not arguing the validity of this possibility, and I appreciate your stance.

Right now I'm just not experienced enough with law enforcement encounters to make sure I don't screw up. I've had 2 tickets and been questioned once about witnessing someone else's car accident, that's about it.

I certainly won't concent to search or seizure, and stay quiet if they ask any incriminating questions though. Once I get through my first few experiences I'll keep ready to take a firmer stance.

Last edited:

protect our rights