• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

T-Shirt order possible read more inside!

boyscout399

Thanks for the comments. I agree that the shirts should be black, I dont do well with white. I do like my Red/white/blue bit so i kept it for the second design. I have also changed the font to something more simple.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Let me know.

I like this one better than the first. The MOCA in the outline doesn't stand out though. I dunno if the red/white/blue stripes detract from the lettering. I understand the patriotic value of thecoloring, but how about red blue and white vertical stripes with white writing in the blue center stripe. That would also eliminate the 5 color problem Grapeshot mentioned as we would be back to 3 colors... and don't capitalize the .Org. Again just my 2 cents. take it or leave it.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Suggestion:

Try it with the www.maineopencarry.org in all lower case

Consider vertical red, white (center) and blue w/MOCA on white.
Actually I like the present color/MOCA arrangement, but I am not a voting member.

Maybe the "Real, Loaded and its Legal" would benefit from being a slightly small font.

boyscout399

ya it does look like the french flag .. need to add some stars ..

actually, red white and blue bunting is what is appropriate if it's not a flag, putting stars in a blue field when it's not an actual flag is considered poor flag etiquette. Like the American flag t-shirts, those are technically a defacement of the flag.

WantsToCarry

So here is the same with the fix on the website lowercase issue, as well as boyscouts idea of red blue white.

Next is a Idea I just came up with, a little more simple state outline, with MOCA in white overlay. (Went with dark blue as the state flag has)
Im thinking of trying to put on a white state seal, or the word DIRIGO. Thoughts?

Last edited:

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate
Opinions?

tshirt1.jpg

I like it. I love the REAL- LOADED- LEGAL tageline.. very creative ;-)

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
So here is the same with the fix on the website lowercase issue, as well as boyscouts idea of red blue white.

Next is a Idea I just came up with, a little more simple state outline, with MOCA in white overlay. (Went with dark blue as the state flag has)
Im thinking of trying to put on a white state seal, or the word DIRIGO. Thoughts?

"IT'S LEGAL" not "ITS LEGAL"

boyscout399

Opinions?

tshirt1.jpg

I like it. I love the REAL- LOADED- LEGAL tageline.. very creative ;-)

Looks good, but is not appropriate flag etiquette. I would not wear this shirt.

US Code Title 4 Chapter 1 Subsection 8:

§8. Respect for flag
No disrespect should be shown to the flag of the United States of America; the flag should not be dipped to any person or thing. Regimental colors, State flags, and organization or institutional flags are to be dipped as a mark of honor.
The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.
The flag should never touch anything beneath it, such as the ground, the floor, water, or merchandise.
The flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free.
The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. Bunting of blue, white, and red, always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speaker's desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general.
The flag should never be fastened, displayed, used, or stored in such a manner as to permit it to be easily torn, soiled, or damaged in any way.
The flag should never be used as a covering for a ceiling.
The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature.
The flag should never be used as a receptacle for receiving, holding, carrying, or delivering anything.
The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard. Advertising signs should not be fastened to a staff or halyard from which the flag is flown.
No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations. The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing. Therefore, the lapel flag pin being a replica, should be worn on the left lapel near the heart.

Last edited:

Claytron

cool ideas so far but i have to admit i really like the ones like Ed's that have a lot going on, for some reason it looks more official to me. I also think the words "REAL, LOADED AND LEGAL" are seem a bit confrontational

just my 2 cents good job guys looks like a great start

WantsToCarry

As the son of several Vets, I personally have mixed feelings about the flag overlay on the state outline. I love my flag just as much as the next person.

And I do like the arch lettering. I dont have photoshop, just a 'almost photoshop' equivalent called gimp.

Deff a big fan of the Real-Loaded-Legal tag line. But I do like the maine way--freedom tag line as well. I feel both Incorporated into the shirt design would be fantastic.

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate
Looks good, but is not appropriate flag etiquette. I would not wear this shirt.

US Code Title 4 Chapter 1 Subsection 8:

§8. Respect for flag
No disrespect should be shown to the flag of the United States of America; the flag should not be dipped to any person or thing. Regimental colors, State flags, and organization or institutional flags are to be dipped as a mark of honor.
The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.
The flag should never touch anything beneath it, such as the ground, the floor, water, or merchandise.
The flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free.
The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. Bunting of blue, white, and red, always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speaker's desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general.
The flag should never be fastened, displayed, used, or stored in such a manner as to permit it to be easily torn, soiled, or damaged in any way.
The flag should never be used as a covering for a ceiling.
The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature.
The flag should never be used as a receptacle for receiving, holding, carrying, or delivering anything.
The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard. Advertising signs should not be fastened to a staff or halyard from which the flag is flown.
No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations. The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing. Therefore, the lapel flag pin being a replica, should be worn on the left lapel near the heart.

Everything goes against the flag code lol, watch a president's speech sometime they always fail at some part of it ;-)

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate
doesn't mean we should perpetuate it, especially when we know it's wrong.

Eh, I'm all for the flag code. But in situations like this, where you are more honoring the flag in my personal opinion it's fine. Now when Skolnik wrapped himself in it... that's an entirely different story.

And of course it's just a trial, if someone gives me an idea I can make it happen :) hint hint!

Last edited:

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
I also think the words "REAL, LOADED AND LEGAL" are seem a bit confrontational

It are three of the four questions I "usually get asked". The 4th is are you a cop?

Q: OMG!! Is that REAL???
A: Yes, it's real.
Q: Well.. it's not LOADED is it???
A: Yes, it is loaded. An unloaded gun would not do me much good.
Q: Wow.. is that even Legal??
A: Yes it's LEGAL. I am not breaking the law.
Q: Well are you a cop or something?
A: I am an "or something".. a citizen. :)

SO..
REAL, LOADED, LEGAL and NOT A COP
did not sound as good as
"REAL-LOADED-LEGAL"

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Disrespect for the flag? I don't think so.

The relationship of the Maine shape and the flag-like image connects the thoughts of freedom, Maine and 2A rights. Such conveys a genuinely patriotic message.

boyscout399

Disrespect for the flag? I don't think so.

The relationship of the Maine shape and the flag-like image connects the thoughts of freedom, Maine and 2A rights. Such conveys a genuinely patriotic message.

Read US flag code. It violates US law to use a flag in such a manner. It is considered a disrespect to the flag to use it's likeness in such a manner. You're supposed to use blue white and red bunting for such a purpose.

KBCraig

Read US flag code. It violates US law to use a flag in such a manner.
Don't get me started on the "blue field forward" flags worn on the right shoulder. That crap started when the Air Farce wanted to have flags on their planes appear to "flow", about the early to mid 1980s.

I also vehemently disagree with the legalistic reading of the Flag Code that results in vertically-hung flags being "flopped", to put the blue field in the upper left corner. A vertical flag is supposed to be a horizontal flag that is turned 90 degrees clockwise. Not turned 90 degrees clockwise, and then turned 180 degrees from back to front.

Okay, flag etiquette aside: I like the versions that properly show the straight line portions of the western and eastern borders vertically. The angled version is a bit more attractive and commonly recognized, but the truth is that both borders run due north.