• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Absolutely Outrageous!

Smith45acp

Sounds like it's going to be really expensive to clear his name. Sad times...

EricDailey X-NRA

Anything goes under the Patriot Act

I understand that if Judges get more than a few complaints against them with the Judicial Commission that they lose their Bond and get removed.

condeist

Maybe there is more to this guy than meets the eye...

http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot.com/2010/04/meet-walter-reddy-bald-faced-liar-and.html

When I search for him on google, the top 5 hits include the daily Paul, Above Top Secret and the like. Page 2 has this issue being discussed on a white power site... Hardly accurate reporting sites.

I have no information one way or the other as to Reddy's character. Let assume, for the sake of argument, that he is a known liar, scumbag, and man of low moral character. Is he still not entitled to his rights as a free man? Does he not have a right to own a firearm, as well as a right to counsel? If this story is true, and I have no reason to believe it is not, this man's rights have been completely ripped to shreds. Even child molesters have a right to defense attorneys. Nothing about his character could have warranted this type of action, that I am aware of.

Sc0tt

The warrant claimed there was probable cause Reddy had engaged in "reckless use, display or brandishing of a firearm"

And so so every new gun owner at a gun range. This story scares they crap out of me. What are gun laws in Canada like these days.

*starts packing car*

rotorhead

And so so every new gun owner at a gun range. This story scares they crap out of me. What are gun laws in Canada like these days.

*starts packing car*

lol You're heading in the wrong direction if you're thinking Canada's gun laws are better than ours.

mekender

I have no information one way or the other as to Reddy's character. Let assume, for the sake of argument, that he is a known liar, scumbag, and man of low moral character. Is he still not entitled to his rights as a free man? Does he not have a right to own a firearm, as well as a right to counsel? If this story is true, and I have no reason to believe it is not, this man's rights have been completely ripped to shreds. Even child molesters have a right to defense attorneys. Nothing about his character could have warranted this type of action, that I am aware of.

I am less questioning his character than I am questioning the sources of the story. I do not believe that what is being reported is accurate and I believe that there is a lot more to this story. Add in that the lawyer quoted in the story is a "Probate, Estate and Personal Injury Attorney" and I dont buy it.

Gunslinger

"Person of interest" from the baby murdering traitors. During the Reign of Terror in the French Revolution all that was needed was to be 'denounced' by someone as proof of guilt. Nazis, Soviets, Red Chinese--take your pick. They just changed the words. However, in the gulag of CT, hardly surprising.