• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Meridan Township???

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
I was OCing in Mason Meijer's, and a gentleman approached me and was asking about OC. During our conversation, he asked if I'd ever been to Meridan Township, which I have. He had been told/heard that the prosecutor would go after OCers on the premise that the holster partially obscures the pistol, thus making it concealed.

I was curious if anyone else has heard this before, or not.

kryptonian

is this the same place the couple was making out in a car in the woods and heard on the radio that an escaped convict killer with a hook hand was on the loose in that area so they decided to leave and when they got home they saw the hook arm hanging off of their car door?

my guess - urban legend on the prosecutor

B

Bikenut

is this the same place the couple was making out in a car in the woods and heard on the radio that an escaped convict killer with a hook hand was on the loose in that area so they decided to leave and when they got home they saw the hook arm hanging off of their car door?

my guess - urban legend on the prosecutor
Ummmm....

Before folks convicted of a crime (a .. convict...) are locked up in jail/prison aren't they first........

disarmed?

:lol::banana::monkey:shocker:

HKcarrier

Well it wouldn't surprise me being that Meridian Twp is NAZIS about most anything else... building codes... inspections... permits... fees... etc...

+1 on the "meridian township prosecutor"... wha!?!?

Michigun

dang, looks like i'll have to get one of these now so im not carrying "concealed". :)

SpeedMachine_rot_gross.jpg

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
Well, I had some doubt about the veracity of the story anyway. I've OCed in Meridan Township a few times, and never had any problems. But I was just curious if anyone else had heard anything like what I was told.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Township attorneys can only SUE civilly they cannot prosecute either civil or otherwise.
Funny ours can. Seems they like to prosecute those silly ordinances the Co. prosecutor can't. Bath Township has two attorneys, one for drafting ordinances and conducting township business and another to prosecute local ordinances. Some jurisdictions don't have ordinances or don't have there own criminal attorney.

Jared

Township attorneys can only SUE civilly they cannot prosecute either civil or otherwise.

Then why did I testify in a court in Wayne County where the subject was tried and convicted of assault. The prosecutor worked for a small lawfirm who was contracted by the city to prosecute misdemeanors and civil infractions... And she had nothing to do with civil cases.

autosurgeon

Then why did I testify in a court in Wayne County where the subject was tried and convicted of assault. The prosecutor worked for a small lawfirm who was contracted by the city to prosecute misdemeanors and civil infractions... And she had nothing to do with civil cases.

And there is the key contracted as a prosecutor. Most municipalities over on the west side do not do this.

Bronson

Get idea! I think I'll give it a try. :p

Then watch these mental midgets wiggle around trying come up with a way that a clear holster obscures the view of a pistol:rolleyes:

I've done some vacuum forming of Lexan and you need to dry it before you form it because it will absorb moisture from the air. If you form it without drying it the moisture will cause bubbles in the plastic.

Also, you need to move quickly from the heat to the forming process. It loses its fluidity very quickly so you have to move fast.

http://www.vitroamerica.com/pdf/LEXAN_Sheet_General_Guidelines.pdf

Bronson

Last edited: