• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun thread

M

McX

Someone mentioned that we needed to get a room, but threads get so specific, the conversation never gets to wander, and fun is limited, so i started this one, no topic, no central theme, just guns, just us. Just GO!

Pics and cheeseburgers welcome

i will start: Springfield stopped by the shop today, he was heartbroken that i would no longer persue his .45, in fact you are now all safe. but when my time comes, just as what i drive, here comes T-Rex!

* neat avitar huh? Like the lava lamp we got at the shop, well not so good, but.....

Last edited:

oak1971

baerwithmaleegrips002-1.jpg

Les Baer Custom Premier 2 with 1.5'' at 50 yard guarantee. Additional enhancements performed by John Harrison of Harrison Design.

Last edited:
M

McX

they will never catch on.

i heard tell of a 1911 that you can convert back and forth, with parts that are undoubtedly pricey (i aint payin, just a sayin). you can go .40 .45. 10mm all on the same platform. if it's available in REAL STEEL i would love a link. something just to save so to speak.

oak1971

they will never catch on.

i heard tell of a 1911 that you can convert back and forth, with parts that are undoubtedly pricey (i aint payin, just a sayin). you can go .40 .45. 10mm all on the same platform. if it's available in REAL STEEL i would love a link. something just to save so to speak.

A smith could fit a 9mm, 38 special, .40 cal, 10mm and 45 acp barrel all to one gun. Just swap barrels and mags.

M

McX

A smith could fit a 9mm, 38 special, .40 cal, 10mm and 45 acp barrel all to one gun. Just swap barrels and mags.

tell me more; what model? pics? now this is something i would be interested in greatly!

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
My Large Caliber Pistol....Lone Eagle In 30-06

Here is my largest caliber pistol: A Lone Eagle In 30-06 purchased way back in the middle 90's. It is very manageable and fun to shoot!

Attachments

• 30-06 Lone Eagle Pistol.jpeg
    30-06 Lone Eagle Pistol.jpeg
    45.4 KB · Views: 212

Tom Maassen

On a side note, yesterday I FINALLY found a Viridian C5 laser sight and holster for my Taurus. Found tons of laser sights, found tons of holsters, but I just couldn't find a combo that was compatible with each other in a SERPA config

IMG_20110723_042720.jpgIMG_20110723_042737.jpg

Took it out to the range yesterday, and was super impressed with it. Even in broad daylight, no problem at 25 yards! Hooray!!!!

bluehighways

I sure wish I still had the spare money to spend on nice firearm stuff. As it is, remodeling a kitchen and a bathroom at the same time is mega expensive.

My pistol is plastic for the most part (Glock 21) and my wife's revolver is a Taurus 650CIA in .357mag, deep blue finish. It's actually a really nice little shooter, especially with .38 special target rounds. I've been able to knock over bowling pins at the gravel pit at a distance of 30' with consistency, even with the 2" barrel.

Last year for my birthday my wife got me an LED combat light with a squeeze switch routed to the hand grip, all mounted on a picatinny rail for our home-defense shotgun, which is a Mossberg 500 persuader with rear pistol grip, collapsible butt stock and a 6 shell side saddle on the receiver, all in flat black plus a mean looking heat shield over its 18" barrel. I know the forum is dedicated to open carry of handguns, but our shotgun is a real sweet piece and I wanted to share.

On a light bragging note, we do have one gun in our safe that is kind of a treasure for people of our limited income: A Browning BPS fieldmaster 12-gauge with 26" barrel, full set of chokes and fancy flame-figured walnut woodwork. NIB, never been fired and never will be fired. I take it out twice a year to clean and re-oil the metal bits, then rub some lemon oil into the wood. We plan on passing it down as a family heirloom, and someday it should be a real treasure. :)

Last edited: