• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HB 139 sure looks like Constiutional Carry to me

The Wolfhound

Virginia House Bill 139:
Carrying concealed handguns; penalties.
Provides that any person who may lawfully possess a firearm in Virginia may carry it hidden from common observation. The bill retains the procedures to obtain a permit that authorizes a person to carry a concealed handgun for those who wish to carry a concealed handgun in other states with reciprocal agreements with the Commonwealth. The bill creates Class 1 misdemeanors for carrying concealed handguns during the commission of certain drug-related crimes and makes carrying a concealed handgun during the commission of certain felonies a separate felony. This bill contains technical amendments.

Anyone see any obvious flaws?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Virginia House Bill 139:
Carrying concealed handguns; penalties.
Provides that any person who may lawfully possess a firearm in Virginia may carry it hidden from common observation. The bill retains the procedures to obtain a permit that authorizes a person to carry a concealed handgun for those who wish to carry a concealed handgun in other states with reciprocal agreements with the Commonwealth. The bill creates Class 1 misdemeanors for carrying concealed handguns during the commission of certain drug-related crimes and makes carrying a concealed handgun during the commission of certain felonies a separate felony. This bill contains technical amendments.

Anyone see any obvious flaws?

No flaws and so far, the normal Pro Gun Legislators say they'll support it. That usually means they may vote for it if it makes it to the floor.

opencarrypalmtrees

pass it! pass it now! lol this is great having representatives

I am happy to see that we will have constitutional carry in virginia! : ) thank you representatives we support HB 139 : )

MSC 45ACP

I am happy to see that we will have constitutional carry in virginia! : ) thank you representatives we support HB 139 : )

OCPT, "Puff-Puff-Pass!" if you think Constitutional Carry will pass in VA. I know we'll have a few supporters for this, but it looks too good to be true. Sorry to be a pessimist, but this is way too good to believe until it happens. The Commies will come up with SOME way to shoot it down.

Lori Haas will have an apoplectic fit if it happens. She may even leave the country like all those Hollywood stars did when GW Bush was elected.
Wait a minute... None of them left. She'll always be around and as welcome as plague. She isn't too hard to look at, though... :-/

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
--snip--
Lori Haas will have an apoplectic fit if it happens. She may even leave the country like all those Hollywood stars did when GW Bush was elected.
Wait a minute... None of them left. She'll always be around and as welcome as plague. She isn't too hard to look at, though... :-/

You do use a mirror though, right?

Ooops, sorry, hand slap.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Going a bit more OT:

She does rather resemble Medusa when she's peeved, doesn't she???
Can you imagine the expression/emotion of pure unadulterated apoplexy, of illogical rants that would be forthcoming? A mirror might not work - better a fast boat and blue water.:lol:

Keeping it on topic - Hopefully this session, it could happen - especially of the moon and stars are in alignment.

Last edited:

VCDL President

Centurion
That should be a bill put in for VCDL

I need to see the actual bill, but 99% sure that was the one that VCDL asked Delegate Cole to introduce. It is a different approach than has been taken in the past.

Baked on Grease

Would this affect current pay 2 play stuff we already have, negatively? Not that I like them, but I wouldn't want to screw anyone who uses them on a regular basis. ( I don't even know any off the top of my head, but I hear them mentioned every once in a while)

Could we inundate our legislature with facts about CC and how the current proccess makes criminals of otherwise law abiding citizens? Would it even help or hurt?

Sent using tapatalk

BillHoo

Can you imagine the expression/emotion of pure unadulterated apoplexy, of illogical rants that would be forthcoming? A mirror might not work - better a fast boat and blue water.:lol:

Keeping it on topic - Hopefully this session, it could happen - especially of the moon and stars are in alignment.

Perhaps she'll be at a total loss for words and will only be able to point her finger and produce loud tongue-warbling noises like middle eastern women sometimes do!

VCDL President

Centurion
Would this affect current pay 2 play stuff we already have, negatively? Not that I like them, but I wouldn't want to screw anyone who uses them on a regular basis. ( I don't even know any off the top of my head, but I hear them mentioned every once in a while)

Could we inundate our legislature with facts about CC and how the current proccess makes criminals of otherwise law abiding citizens? Would it even help or hurt?

Sent using tapatalk

It leaves the permitting system in place. The parts of the current law that require a person to have a CHP to be in certain places remain the same.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
It leaves the permitting system in place. The parts of the current law that require a person to have a CHP to be in certain places remain the same.

Is this a VCDL Bill Philip?
Karen ain't talking and I haven't had time to snoop.:lol:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
This is a large bill... will take some time to read over.

This is the version that highlights the changes to existing law:

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?121+ful+HB139+hil

TFred

I expect I'll get my money's worth from lobbyist in a box, just on this bill TF.
I don't want to comment on it yet but so far it looks good!
We'll see

cole.jpg

Last edited:

TFred

I expect I'll get my money's worth from lobbyist in a box, just on this bill TF.
I don't want to comment on it yet but so far it looks good!
We'll see

mark-cole.jpg
I'm too cheap to pay... last year they let me track 5 for free... I hope it's the same this year. :)
I can't see the pic at work... haf'ta wait until I get home...

TFred