• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tacoma convention center

tombrewster421

It has come to my attention that the convention center will be attempting to restrict carry at the county and state conventions. Security is being provided by the city. I will CC tomorrow then try to find out more to send off a letter. If anyone can gain any useful info in the meantime I'd appreciate it. I'm driving down to Oregon today so I can't do anything right now. Thanks.

decklin

Where did you get the info? Also are you talking about the Pierce County Republican Party Annual Convention that is going on tomorrow?

tombrewster421

I got my info from the head of the local Ron Paul delegates. He asked at a meeting and was assured that "our lawyers have said its ok to restrict carry".

Yes, I am talking about the county convention.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Seems the Tacoma Dome and or City of Tacoma have stepped up there anti gun efforts.
Even though previously they dropped charges against a Wenatchee Man attending the memorial for the 4 Lakewood Officers killed on duty.

Tacoma Dome Page

Firearms
For the safety of all guests, firearms of any kind, regardless of permit, are not allowed in the Tacoma Dome. The only exception to this is UNIFORMED law enforcement personnel in the performance of their official duties. The presenter of an event ticket consents to a reasonable search for weapons before entering. Failure to comply with the above conditions will result in not being admitted to the event or ejection. If a patron is not admitted to the event they will be refunded their money. However if a patron enters the Tacoma Dome and is ejected for any reason, no refunds or exchanges will be allowed in such an event.

Here is what Mark Knapp Esq. wrote about this issue a couple years ago.

http://markknapp.multiply.com/journal/item/414

Last edited:

deanf

Perhaps they haven't been told of the Supreme Court's refusal to hear Seattle's appeal of the Chan case? Yes I'm sure that's it. A simple email should clear everything up, right?

TechnoWeenie

Seems the Tacoma Dome and or City of Tacoma have stepped up there anti gun efforts.
Even though previously they dropped charges against a Wenatchee Man attending the memorial for the 4 Lakewood Officers killed on duty.

Here is what Mark Knapp Esq. wrote about this issue a couple years ago.

http://markknapp.multiply.com/journal/item/414

WTF? I was open carrying there.....

City property, city paid event, pre-emption applies.