• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Waffle House Nationwide No-Carry Policy Now In Effect

Kirbinator

Waffle House adopts NO GUN Policy

by HOSS

« on: Today at 10:44:46 AM »

MEMBERS: Please take action on this Post!

Today, March 30th, 2012 at 9:54 a.m. I received a call from Mr. Jeff Wright with the Waffle House Corporate office. Mr Wright advised me that Waffle House Nationwide has adopted a No Firearms Policy for all locations. In our discussion, Mr. Wright fully agreed with me that this policy will have absolutely no impact on criminals, but he stated that Corporate Officers had made the decision due to actions by armed customers who were not criminals or of criminal intent. Their decision, he stated, was based on legal matters that result from allowing armed customers. I advised him that following local and state laws would serve that purpose, but we agreed "our" discussion did not impact the Corporate decision, and that I should seek change in other ways.

I do not participate on any other OC/CC websites besides AGR, so any Member who do, please pass along this request for action.

Please contact Waffle House with your comments on their NO FIREARMS POLICY. This is easily done by going to wafflehouse.com and using their "COMMENT" tab.

I will no longer support this business, until their Policy for Firearms follows local and state laws.

ADDITION: by HOSS
Mr. Jeff Wright's telephone call is the only evidence I have of Waffle House Corporate Policy. However, HE called the number I supplied WH, and knew of my request for Policy. I am comfortable with these credentials of credibility. I do not, however, have anything in writing.

« Last Edit: Today at 01:46:14 PM by HOSS »

Waffle House corporate office is located in Norcross, GA, in an open-carry state...

http://wafflehouse.com/contact-us/contact-us

Customer Call Line:
1-877-9-WAFFLE
Waffle House Inc.
5986 Financial Drive
Norcross, GA. 30071
(770) 729-5700
Our hours are Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (EST)

Last edited:

DKSuddeth

Accomplished Advocate
the solution should be simple. if ever one of them is robbed, the store should be sued for any physical injuries sustained and all emotional distress from the trauma.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
I will fire off a letter. Until they change their policy, it will be no Waffle House for me. What a shame...

nobama

the solution should be simple. if ever one of them is robbed, the store should be sued for any physical injuries sustained and all emotional distress from the trauma.

Plus 1. I believe thats what happened to Walmart.

09jisaac

This is nothing new. Most of us who have been active on this forum already know that Waffle House has had a NO GUN policy for years.

Yea, an employee of WH and I was discussing this one day. I didn't mind their "rules" much because, for some reason, my closest WH does not enforce that one against me (probably because I have a gun). But it is a crying shame. Everyone of us (should) realize that you cannot stop criminals from breaking rules if you can't stop them from breaking the law but it is hard to convince the antis of this.

Roverhound

Sent.
I have just become aware of your no firearms policy. This is fine with me as it is pertains to your properties and you certainly have the right to ban whatever you feel the need to.
My question is, when someone comes to rob one of your stores at gunpoint, will you have the employees ask him to leave due to the fact he has a gun? Maybe he could come back with something not quite so offensive (I always preferred a stick with nails in it) to rob them with?
People that rob businesses have already commited a felony or two by using a firearm to commit this act, do you seriously think they will heed your no firearms policy? Will a sign keep them outside yelling for everyone to "stick'em up" through the windows? If the jukebox is playing how will people hear them?
I am hoping that you may reconsider your policy and realize that people that break the law willingly don't usually pay much attention to signs. Also, how many thieves research corporate policy before commiting armed robbery? Maybe three? Four? I don't know, I don't have those statistics.
Hoping all of you and your employees and customers stay safe. Have a great day! Walter

DrakeZ07

Strange, I just got back from having breakfast with the BF in a local Wafflehouse not but half an hour ago. We both was OC'ing, and had a very enjoyable breakfast. The Waitress, and Manager didn't say anything to us about no firearms being allowed, there was no posted signage, had a good, fun time while there. The Manager asked about the BF's SIG, and talked about wanting to own one, and advice on OC'ing himself. Waitress was calm and cool, and even put a cherry on my hot cocoa w/ whipped cream <3

If this policy has taken effect, either it hasn't reached all their locations yet, some of their locations are ignoring it or not saying anything about it, or just don't care.

j4l

1) silly...just....silly
2) not a fine-dining establishment I have any desire to subject myself to, anyway
3) if they prefer to subject their staff and patrons to potentially lethal (and incredibly desperate for cash, if they are bothering to rob a mostly empty establishment) robberies and assaults by armed criminals-without the potential for armed law-abiding citzens to help out, then more power to em. will just highlight how silly the policy is.
4) simple sollution: refuse to give such places with such policies your biz. they deny your rights- deny them your $$

Gil223

I don't particularly care for waffles, and now I have nothing but disdain for Waffle House. :cuss: (Made note to self... DO NOT FREQUENT WAFFLE HOUSE!) Pax...

paramedic70002

Decision purely related to public relations. Maybe they should ban reading, open toed shoes, nappy hair and public assembly as well.

It stuns me that this policy is better than no policy at all.

Fools.

Last edited:

Steeler-gal

I thought IHOP was anti-gun as well?

Not as far as I can tell. Been in several in VA. Never had a problem.

==========================================
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
Looking for training by experienced staff?
We are the largest all female only firearms group on the East Coast offering firearms training courses and services provided by our experienced and certified female instructors.
http://www.shecanshoot.com/

Jack House

Guess someone needs to remind them of this and the dozen other events where legally armed individuals stopped armed robberies of their locations.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk