• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Voting irregularities in los angeles

RockerFor2A

TRUE PERSONAL STORY OF VOTING SHENANIGANS FROM REPUB FRIEND OF MINE IN LOS ANGELES. HE EMAILED THIS TO ME THIS MORNING:

"Huge problem voting today in Los Angeles. My wife and I went into the polling place first so that I could watch our son. I am purposefully omitting our names. When my wife came out she seemed very discouraged. I asked her what was wrong and she told me that the polling workers told her that her vote would not be counted until tomorrow because she was not listed in the voter rolls.

"I then went into the polling place and stood in line. There were only two polling workers. The man in charge had a very thick accent and was in his forties and the girl checking the rolls was in her early twenties. Usually, these polling places are run by senior citizens who take it very seriously. At any rate, after waiting in line (there were only seven voting stations), I gave my name. The young poll worker told me that she could not find it and told me that I too would have to vote on a provisional ballot. I spun the book around (much to her annoyance), flipped one page single page and found not only my name but my wife's name as well. This woman is either incompetent or this was something more sinister. Not being able to find one name could be an honest mistake, but two names, with identical last names... give me a break. I think the problem might have been that our last names were not exotic enough for this polling spot.

"I then asked the poll manager why my wife had been told that her vote would not be counted until tomorrow. As I was doing this three or four uptight women began to complain that they were going to be late for work and began to verbally attack me while I dealt with the manager who said that they (the two polling workers) never told my wife that her vote would be counted tomorrow.

"When I asked why my wife's name was not found in the book and why she was given a provisional ballot, I was told that I had to vote now or get out of line. I again pressed the matter, pointing out the obvious, which is that we are registered to vote, have our voting guides that show our names and addresses and yet our names which are clearly in the voting book, were not found by the poll worker.

"The three women voters started peppering me even more as I was "holding up the line," and I told the polling manager that I wanted to either speak with a poll watcher or to the registrar's office. He then took out his phone and said that he was calling the police. I called to my wife, who came in from the lobby. She had no idea what was going on. She only knew that I was arguing with the women and the poll workers. Again the manager said he would call the cops. I told him to go ahead and do so since it was me who was being disenfranchised. Then things got worse, with lfive people including the poll workers threatening me with screaming and yelling. I just yelling back that all I wanted was for my vote and my wife's vote to count today as we are registered voters.

"My wife told me to calm down (she still had no idea what was going on) because she was afraid I'd be arrested. I voted and left. However, if I had not stood up to them, my vote would not have been counted until tomorrow either."

Johnny Bravo

I had problems with voting too, got turned away because I didn't have proof of residence even though I'm registered to vote. I can't find anything that says I need proof of residence to vote, only that you need it to register to vote. Started a thread in the Wisconsin section to see if it's just me or what.

Ca Patriot

A voting irregularity in Los Angeles is when a white American citizen shows up to vote.

Shoobee

If you register late or drop off your ballot someplace other than the county registrar then your vote won't be counted until the next day.

Sheesh. This is not an irregularity.

Besides Cali is not a swing state. We do not drink red koolaid.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
If you register late or drop off your ballot someplace other than the county registrar then your vote won't be counted until the next day.

Sheesh. This is not an irregularity.

Besides Cali is not a swing state. We do not drink red koolaid.

You are right; most Californians just drink everything the media pours into their empty heads.

The debt; the deficit; federal spending; destruction of rights; destruction of sovereignty; blah, blah, blah. Anyone that can vote for Obama after everything he has done to this Country and its people must have something wrong. I would rather drink red kool-aid than be naturally ignorant. I guess it is all the dope those in California inject into their bodies.

OC for ME

Your friend sent you an email but removed his name? Why?
Uh, I think the story teller is stating that he removed their names from the retelling of his incident at the polling place. It would be difficult to have a anonymous friend that you know personally.....though, I do have some pretty good friends that I can never recall their name. Down in SC everyone (males) that I meet are either "Beau" or "Bubba"......this mitigates the need to learn AND remember a new name that goes with a new face.

Shoobee

You are right; most Californians just drink everything the media pours into their empty heads.

The debt; the deficit; federal spending; destruction of rights; destruction of sovereignty; blah, blah, blah. Anyone that can vote for Obama after everything he has done to this Country and its people must have something wrong. I would rather drink red kool-aid than be naturally ignorant. I guess it is all the dope those in California inject into their bodies.

Cheer up KY its only 4 more years.

Christy stands a good chance against Hillary in 2016.

Jack House

Uh, I think the story teller is stating that he removed their names from the retelling of his incident at the polling place. It would be difficult to have a anonymous friend that you know personally.....though, I do have some pretty good friends that I can never recall their name. Down in SC everyone (males) that I meet are either "Beau" or "Bubba"......this mitigates the need to learn AND remember a new name that goes with a new face.
I'm having a hard time following you.

The OP states he received that email from the friend that went through that hassle.

In the story, it says "I'm deliberately withholding OUR names" suggesting that the story teller/victim removed his own name when relating the story to his friend.

So I'm asking why.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

OC for ME

How about this, though I'm just guessing.
"Huge problem voting today in Los Angeles. [strike]Jane[/strike] My Wife and I went into the polling place first so that I could watch our [strike]Little Johnny[/strike] son. I am purposefully omitting our names. When [strike]Jane[/strike] my wife came out she seemed very discouraged.
Or, it could be that the e-mail went to more folks than RockerFor2A.