• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Go to Support SB 59

xmanhockey7

Anyone here planing to go the committee hearing for SB 59? Supposed to be at 9 A.M. I am thinking I will make the trip out to Lansing.

ETA: This will be Tuesday December 11th in the Anderson building.

Last edited by a moderator:

FreeInAZ

Anyone here planing to go the committee hearing for SB 59? Supposed to be at 9 A.M. I am thinking I will make the trip out to Lansing.

ETA: This will be Tuesday December 11th I'm the Anderson building.

Well I'm the Empire State Building. Top that :p

detroit_fan

Update from mcrgo

With massive civil disobedience (aka orchestrated mob riots) expected at the Capitol tomorrow, the House Natural Resources Committee has delayed hearing SB 59 until the tear gas clears on Wednesday at 8:30 a.m. However, Senator Green and Representative Foster have reached an agreement on the content of the bill with no substantial changes from the version that passed the Senate.

Last edited by a moderator:

xmanhockey7

With massive civil disobedience (aka orchestrated mob riots) expected at the Capitol tomorrow, the House Natural Resources Committee has delayed hearing SB 59 until the tear gas clears on Wednesday at 8:30 a.m. However, Senate Green and Representative Foster have reached an agreement on the content of the bill with no substantial changes from the version that passed the Senate.

OC probably got thrown under the bus again. Or they decided to allow no carry in PFZs period. Oh and we're going to keep the gun boards and if they take a long time to issue the permit, too bad! Of course I'm speculating on something I have no clue about. Seems to be a pattern.

detroit_fan

Who knows what these bills have transformed into

From MCRGO-

Things have been changing so rapidly on HB 5225 and SB 59 over the past few days that we only report on the confirmed status of the bills as they change rather than the details. Regardless, the Snyder administration has been the biggest challenge on both bills. MSP doesn't support HB 5225 but it actually does support the elimination of pistol free zones. Its position is different than the administration's.

mastiff69

Always doubt the Government, as when they do something for the people, it always costs the people more than we get in return.

The Government always get's more than it gives, Beware of stangers bring gifts. Ask the Native Americans ( aka indians)