• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Making font "bold, colored" ect...

detroit_fan

Other forums i am a member of allow you to just highlight some words then select options to make those words bold, underlined, colored ect...

I know there are ways to do that by typing out things like " ", but is there a way to accomplish that without typing the commands out manually? Seems like there should be a way to highlight then select the changes you want.

thanks for any help

MKEgal

Yes - you highlight the text you want to change, then click the B, I, or U button above the editor box. Or you click the arrows in the font, size, or font color boxes & find what you want to change it to.
Do the buttons not show up for you?? :eek:

To type the commands manually, put the appropriate words or numbers in [command] [/command].

Last edited:

detroit_fan

Yes - you highlight the text you want to change, then click the B, I, or U button above the editor box. Or you click the arrows in the font, size, or font color boxes & find what you want to change it to.
Do the buttons not show up for you?? :eek:

To type the commands manually, put the appropriate words or numbers in [command] [/command].

No, the buttons do not show up for me. I don't see any editor box? I have no idea why. At the bottom of my page it says-

BB code is On
Smilies are On
code is On
[VIDEO] code is On
HTML code is Off

Does that mean anything?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
No, the buttons do not show up for me. I don't see any editor box? I have no idea why. At the bottom of my page it says-

BB code is On
Smilies are On
code is On
[VIDEO] code is On
HTML code is Off

Does that mean anything?[/QUOTE]

At the very top right of any page, find "Settings" > click

Then scroll down to "My Settings" in far left column. Continue to "My Account">> "General Settings" > click

Now scroll down to "Miscellaneous Options" and choose

[LIST]
[*] Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing
[/LIST]

That should enable all functions.

detroit_fan

At the very top right of any page, find "Settings" > click

Then scroll down to "My Settings" in far left column. Continue to "My Account">> "General Settings" > click

Now scroll down to "Miscellaneous Options" and choose

• Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing

That should enable all functions.

Thanks! over 3.5 years on this forum and I never knew all these features were available. I appreciate the help

MKEgal

detroit_fan said:
I don't see any editor box?
Then where have you typed your 1000+ posts??
Hopefully Grapeshot cleared up the problem for you. I can't imagine going that long typing the various formatting commands in by hand every time.