• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Court won't reconsider Illinois concealed carry ruling

detroit_fan

A federal appeals court won't reconsider an earlier ruling that Illinois' concealed carry ban is unconstitutional.

A three-judge panel of the 7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals struck down Illinois' ban in December and gave lawmakers until June 8 to legalize the concealed carry of firearms.

Attorney General Lisa Madigan asked for all 10 judges to review the decision, saying it conflicted with decisions by other federal appellate courts and goes beyond what the U.S. Supreme Court has held.

Illinois is the only state in the nation that still has a ban in place.

http://www.wpsdlocal6.com/home/tick...llinois-concealed-carry-ruling-192515271.html

Looks a like a big victory for you guys, now I hope you can get a very good CC bill passed, time those thugs in chicago get a does of their own medicine.

Last edited:

M-Taliesin

Poor Lisa I guess she will be crying in her soup.

Huge win I guess i will not be as Afraid when traveling through ILL.

Howdy Instructor!
What do you wanna bet they won't create a scheme with any reciprocity with any other state?
I was thinking to visit Illinois this spring, but when all is said and done, only law abiding citizens are denied carry.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin