• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cpl class!!

pawn99

It's been a minute since i posted. But i wanted to inform everyone i take my cpl class tomorrow for the first time at 9am. Super excited but is their anything i needa know?

MKEgal

Pay attention, follow directions, ask if something isn't clear...
esp. if you're going to be handling guns.
Realize you're there to learn, not to show off your knowledge.

However, if the instructor quotes or references any laws, get the statute reference so you can read them yourself. Don't just believe what someone tells you.* (Warning - some people, usually those who can't back up what they say, will get mad about this.)

And +1 on "don't shoot the instructor". :lol:

* I tell my students this, and include statute text & numbers in my powerpoint, then tell them to ask a lawyer to explain anything they still don't get.
And one time I explained the "GF"SZ law to a friend who happens to be a cop, who had misunderstood part of it, then told him to go look it up & read it himself, don't take my word for it. :rolleyes:

pawn99

Thats for all the comments :D and i passed. It was super easy most of it i already knew i did learn new stuff aswell. The instructer was a local cop and very very helpful with all my questions and feild training. I understand the process isn't over but i cant wait till i get my cpl! And im gonna keep studying and reading our laws.

pawn99

Now you will spend every day waiting for the CPL to come in the mail! It gets worse every day waiting, but it will get there eventually. Then head to Wal Mart for nachos, of course, carrying concealled!

Haha oh it already feels like a lifetime. Everywhere me and my family goes my sidearm will be attached to my hip! I bet once i get passed the few times carrying i'll forget it's their. But if i ever have to disarm i bet it feels weird as hell without it.