• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Visiting Denver Area

allens

Hello

I will be flying into the Denver area in Sept. I will be staying in Westminister. My CCP from VA does me no good in Colorado which sucks. I would like to OC, but not sure where it would be legal and where it would not be legal. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

OldCurlyWolf

Hello

I will be flying into the Denver area in Sept. I will be staying in Westminister. My CCP from VA does me no good in Colorado which sucks. I would like to OC, but not sure where it would be legal and where it would not be legal. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

As I understand it, the Colorado legislature let Denver ignore them and ban open carry in the City/County(combined government) of Denver. So I would stay out of Denver.:cool:

mobiushky

Hello

City and County of Denver ban OC. Look up the city limits on google. DIA is in the city limits. OC is generally ok elsewhere except gov bldgs (some) and schools. Signs have no force of law, but you can be tresspassed so don't argue if asked to leave. Then there's all the normal anti places.

M-Taliesin

I will be visiting Westminster also in July. I emailed Westminster PD, this is from another thread.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...CO-questions&p=1943506&viewfull=1#post1943506

Howdy Amigo!
Seems to me that WPD gave you a pretty darn good answer.
When you come to the Front Range, drop me a line, and I'll help you get comfortable with OC in our neck of the nation.

I'm an odd one that normally OC's in Denver territory. Call it "taking my chances", but I haven't been bothered at all.

Then again, I exercise my right to carry "Into or through Denver, coming from another jurisdiction, regardless of the number of stops made"

Still, I have never been bothered, not even in Denver. You might not want to test their resolve, but I just really don't pay much attention to their borders, which are difficult for people who live here to keep track of.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

JamesB

How would be the best way to get from the airport to westminister without problems, if that is possible.

Are you planning to take a bus or hitchhike?
Rental car? Is a friend meeting you at the airport?

We need more info to help you out here.
Otherwise, The Best Way, is a chartered helicopter from the airport straight to your buddy's front lawn.

Last edited:

Red Dawg

JamesB. Stop picking on the poor feller... HEHE...

As someone from VA that travels through Denver regularly...After retrieivng my bag with the gun, I go into the bathroom, hit a handicap stall, and get it all together, loaded and in the holster and put it back in the bag. When I get to my rental car, I put the bag on the seat, and once I clear DIA and am on highway 70, I put my gun on and keep right on driving. The car is your "personal space". When I am with more people that makes it not feasible to have my bag on the seat, then I wait until we clear and are heading south and stop for a drink, or food, or whatever and put it on then. As you know, the only REAL problem are travellers who don't know squat, and see you moving your gun, having it in your hand, etc...

allens

Visiting Denver

I will be in a rental car.

Thanks Red Dawg, that sounds like a good idea or just leave it in the bag til I get to my hotel.

Last edited:

RandallFlagg

Pena Blvd to I-70.
Get off on 270 and after it changes to HWY 36, get off on Sheridan. You'll be in Westminster then.
As long as you stay north of I-70, you're good.