• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

cpl badge

pawn99

A good friend of mine just recently got a cpl badge for when he carrys like this one

large_concealed_weapon_permit_badge_gold.jpg

His thing is if he gets in a defensive situation and when LEOs respond they see his badge that indicates he's a cpl holder so he don't get drawn on or shot. And also he feels as if people will leave him be if they sae a badge.

Heres my thing. Its a great idea. My only worry would be getting jammed up for impersonation of a police officer. I'd like to hear how everyone else feels about this.

Attachments

• tnhandgunbadge2.JPG
    tnhandgunbadge2.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 2,260

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
It's way too much like impersonating an officer.

Why would it give a bad guy pause? Because he thinks you might be a cop. That's impersonating an officer.

If the state issued a badge with every CPL or offered it as an option, that's another story. But that's not what we're talking about here.

pawn99

It's way too much like impersonating an officer.

Why would it give a bad guy pause? Because he thinks you might be a cop. That's impersonating an officer.

If the state issued a badge with every CPL or offered it as an option, that's another story. But that's not what we're talking about here.

Yes, i think its a good thought but i feel the same as you. It seems like a easy way to get jammed up a sticky situation. I wouldn't carry a badge if it was even a option by the state. It defeats the purpose of educating the public that an everyday average joe can carry a firearm. Not just the guys with a badge.

FreeInAZ

As others have posted, this topic comes up, again and again & is always rejected as a bad idea. To appear as a "LEO" when you are not, is a great way to get charged with a felony in MI. Maybe your friend could just laminate his NRA class certificate and wear that around his neck? :confused:

XD40sc

I'm sorry that screams "wanna-be cop"

A person that has a carry permit is just a normal citizen, nothing more, they just happen to have a gun. To put on a badge is frankly childish feeling that they are somehow special, saying "look at me".

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
BADGES? .........NO

Long discussed .........No

........No

As others have posted, .......No

OC the gun and forget the badge ......No

I'm sorry that screams "wanna-be cop"......No

See a trend here? We are not saying don't do it. We are saying It is not a good idea. just makes money for the badge makers.

Last edited:

TheQ

This topic has been discussed before. The consensus then was: it's stupid.

It's refreshing to see so e things don't change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

eye95

Geez, everyone took my answers:

Cop wannabe.

Just OC and forget the badge.

And the classic:

Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges.

Can someone start another thread on CHL badges so I can post these lines before anyone else does?

Or, we could do a top ten list. Those are 3-2-1, but what are 10 thru 4?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
It can be against the law to use the state seal w/o proper authority. That is so in Va. and that appears to be the case for Tennesse also.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seal_of_Tennessee

Click to enlarge picture.

On OCDO we have a rule against illegal acts:
(15) WE ADVOCATE FOR THE 'LAW-ABIDING' ONLY
: Posts advocating illegal acts of any kind are NOT welcome here. Even if you feel that a law is unconstitutional we do not break it, we repeal it or defeat it in the courts.

Concealed carry badges and other non-state approved badges send a false impression that violates the tenets of OCDO. We wish to educate and defend everyday carry of holstered handguns as we go about our normal everyday lives. We do not make any excuses or apologize and most certainly do not pretend to be something we are not.

Last edited:

xmanhockey7

The last time I carried a gun with a badge I was probably 7 years-old. Granted it was a cap gun and plastic badge.

DocWalker

I vote no on the badge.

I had to wear one as a Correction Officer and when I worked as a Federal Security Officer and I don't miss the badge nor the vest....lol

P.S. I kept the handcuffs though but that is another story..

XD40sc

I vote no on the badge.

I had to wear one as a Correction Officer and when I worked as a Federal Security Officer and I don't miss the badge nor the vest....lol

P.S. I kept the handcuffs though but that is another story..

Fur covered:shocker: