• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bill to Make CCP Information Private

Maine Expat

Interesting read. Hope it gets passed and signed quickly.

Notice to the bad guys.
I sleep with my locked & loaded .45 close to hand and I'm a light sleeper. You want it? Molon Labe! (Come & take them) ;)

MainelyGlock

Interesting read. Hope it gets passed and signed quickly.

Notice to the bad guys.
I sleep with my locked & loaded .45 close to hand and I'm a light sleeper. You want it? Molon Labe! (Come & take them) ;)

Same here. Especially now that the BDN is requesting the info of all CCP holders in Maine. I wish it wasn't so far away from me. An OC protest would be an appropriate response to their request.

Maine Expat

Big surprise, most of the No votes are from Portland and surrounding Liberal land.

I'm sending a Thank You email to my Rep.

EDIT:
Thank you so very much for your YES vote on Governor LePage's emergency bill on Concealed Handgun Permit info disclosure.

I hope you will follow through and support permanent legislation to prevent any further attempts by immoral, unethical people and entities such as the liberal media. There simply is never a good reason to publicly disclose private information about law abiding citizens.

Again, Thank you for supporting our right to privacy.

Tim xxxxx
Levant

Last edited:

Maine Expat

Got a great reply from my Rep!

Dear Tim,

Thank you for the encouragement! I'm actually a co-sponsor of the permanent fix for this privacy issue. Would you be interested in coming to testify or sending a written testimony to the committee? It is always help to have real people lending their support.

Blessings,

Stacey

Get with your Reps and look into getting an invite to this committee hearing folks. I still have to learn the when and don't know if I'll be able to attend. I'll at the very least submit a written statement. Here's your chance to be heard.

MainelyGlock

Got a great reply from my Rep!

Get with your Reps and look into getting an invite to this committee hearing folks. I still have to learn the when and don't know if I'll be able to attend. I'll at the very least submit a written statement. Here's your chance to be heard.

Nice! I'll be sending a [not so warm and welcome] letter to my Portland reps tomorrow. Every one of them voted against. Go figure :rolleyes:

Maine Expat

Every one of them voted against. Go figure

I noticed that and sadly, I wasn't surprised. Maybe we need a mass migration from "The County" to tip the election scales back in our favor? ;)

Still awaiting a reply from my Rep. I'll post up the T & D of the committee hearing as soon as I get the info. As far as I know, this will be a public hearing so no special invite should be required, just come and ask to speak. BUT I have yet to confirm the details of the protocol.

Subvet06

As everyone already probably knows the emergency bill to protect ccw info passed, but there were 11 no votes in the house. I strongly recommend that if your rep is on the list of nay votes that you demand a reason if you haven't already.

http://www.mainelegislature.org/LawMakerWeb/rollcall.asp?ID=280047109&chamber=House&serialnumber=3

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Glad it passed!

Now if they would store info on encrypted Hard Drives AKA FIPS 140-2 Level 2 or 3 encryption (hardware encryption not software). Don't want everyone to know where to steal a gun from and no ones concern if law abiding citizen has CCL.

Found out people get nervous when you open carry here just like New Mexico (Had cops called on me in Alco by Albuquerque and they can't do a thing but run your name) "Our store got robbed a week ago" and guess what if they encouraged open carry they would not have got robbed I bet ;)

Haoleb

I was browsing the MSP website looking for the CWP laws, specifically regarding printing while CC etc.. and saw that they now have links to PDF documents that shows a list of all the CWP holders and their towns/zip code.

No, it does not state names or that type of info. I really do not care that they publish this type of info, actually it is kind of interesting to see just how many permits are active and where the people live.

Thought you guys might be interested.

http://www.maine.gov/dps/msp/licenses/weapons_permits.html

It is the first two links after the reciprocity states

SPOProds

That list is incredibly wrong. Orono only has 1 permit listed and I can tell you its not mine. ;)

Sent from the back of a black van