• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

KC Area OC get together 9/21 in Independence

Richieg150

Hey everybody.....lets try to once again at setting up something in September..... bring your wives, girlfriends, boyfriends, kids, mother in laws....ect...everybody is welcome. I know everybody's busy, but.... CMON MAN...:)

-Mod. edited to add: September 21, at Golden Corral in Independence, 4:00 PM--

Last edited by a moderator:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Build it, they will come.

Put the date in the title and ask for a stickie.

How hard is that?

jbab

How about September 21, at Golden Corral' in Independence'
,say.......4:00......stickie please...

If I am on my new work schedule I'll be there. If not I wont be able to make it. Buddy of mine is coming back on leave the 13th.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Have we checked with Golden Corral to be sure they're ok with it?

Asking for permission is generally not the best way.

Having a test run (even one person) will get the requisite information if people haven't OCd there before.

randyj

Hey everybody.....lets try to once again at setting up something in September..... bring your wives, girlfriends, boyfriends, kids, mother in laws....ect...everybody is welcome. I know everybody's busy, but.... CMON MAN...:)

-Mod. edited to add: September 21, at Golden Corral in Independence, 4:00 PM--

Thanks for setting this up. I will plan on being there!

Richieg150

Have we checked with Golden Corral to be sure they're ok with it?

Many OC'ers in the area frequent Golden Coral often, and we have had our monthly meetings a couple times in the past.......never had any problems. I usually don't bother asking a eating establishment about what I can and cannot do.... just look to see if the business is posted, then go on about business as usual. I do know that on a couple of occasions, where we decided to go, one of us did contact the manager telling them we were a 2nd. amendment group and wanted to reserve a few tables, just to let them know.

JEStucker

Is someone afraid?

Not in the least, Marc Perez can attest, I've attended a few of these. I just don't want any negative press shutting down politicians in support of the veto over-ride this close to the session. Right now I'm just of the mindset to tread with caution for two more weeks. One bad encounter hitting the media can damage several years worth of work.

MrLuke

Count Me In!

I will be there. I work until three that day so I might be a little late. Everyone I know doesnt open carry so it will be just me. I hope to get to know some of you so we can do this more often.

Richieg150

I will be there. I work until three that day so I might be a little late. Everyone I know doesnt open carry so it will be just me. I hope to get to know some of you so we can do this more often.

OCarrying is not a requirement to come..... Bring those who don't OC, its about educating people about how everyday people support OC, not everybody does or agrees,but the education of others still goes on. Looking forward to seeing you and anyone you want to bring.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Is anyone welcome? I've never been to any of the get togethers.

Without even being "from there", I think I can safely say even if you don't own a gun and/or have never carried, you would be most welcomed. Bring an open mind and be prepared to have your mental slate filled with fellowship, knowledge and honest answers. Face time at these events is more valuable than days spent on the internet AND you will make friends that will last a lifetime.

Last edited: