• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sept 11 veto override session

kcgunfan

I just received Representative Tom Jones email on the override session. If you don't know Rep. Jones, he's the Speaker of the House from the Eureka area.

Anyways, his email mentioned the guiding principles for the override session and said that many of the vetoed bills fall under there. He did mention two in particular though, HB253 and HB436. I've got to say that things are looking up in the House at least.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

mspgunner

Problem....

Here's the latest attack. We had better really rally the troops, folks!

BTW: I think you'll find out that much of Missouri law enforcement has become addicted to the profits from civil forfeiture. State law enforcement agencies get 80% of the proceeds when they work through the feds, but if they convict someone on state laws the forfeited assets have to go to schools.

https://www.stlbeacon.org/#!/content/32658/hb436_sheriffs_veto_090613

kcgunfan

If you read Rep. Torpey's facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Noel-Torpey/151013578260947 , you will notice that all but two of the comments made by others on there are pro 2A. While the language bothered me on several of the comments (spelling, punctuation, grammar) and there were some inappropriate threats made, I'm sure Rep. Torpey's gotten the message. It certainly won't hurt to help drive it home though.

If you live in Independence and this is your House member, get on him with emails, phone calls and knock on his door!
we need every vote in the House. There is pressure from many places to reject the veto over ride and it's growing!!!
http://paracom.paramountcommunicati...e195d8bc686e9e0e18973f449a5eb054&ei=WdvqhF6ON

randyj

mechanicworkman

If you live in Independence and this is your House member, get on him with emails, phone calls and knock on his door!
we need every vote in the House. There is pressure from many places to reject the veto over ride and it's growing!!!
http://paracom.paramountcommunicati...e195d8bc686e9e0e18973f449a5eb054&ei=WdvqhF6ON

I think there are alot of calls that need to get made on Monday! Just curious does anyone have a big phone list going of the key people we should be calling and letting them know we want them voting for this?

I know i for one would be willing to call a bunch of them if i had a list of names and numbers.

If anyone has please post!

mspgunner

I think there are alot of calls that need to get made on Monday! Just curious does anyone have a big phone list going of the key people we should be calling and letting them know we want them voting for this?

I know i for one would be willing to call a bunch of them if i had a list of names and numbers.

If anyone has please post!

Call "your" House and senate members. Spaming the capitol phone lines is not good, just the people who represent you: http://www.house.mo.gov/

mspgunner

One big change I think needs to be made to HB436 is make Missouri a true Constitutional Open Carry state. I have emailed several Legislators to let them know how I feel. Do you think that is a possibility?

Next year? A definate "NO"!

There are talks on the 2nd amendment preservation act (HB436) that fell apart this year at the end). We will have a good bill next year that wil fly.
I can't say more then the problems with the people with the problems have been worked out as it stands now.
Then again its Jefferson City and some times people don't play well together...

Last edited:

UtzChips

They pay little attention to input from out of the district.

Not much less than they pay to a small minority of their constituents, who are not major donors, but agree on an issue that they would like addressed that is not in the best interest of the representative solely because it would alienate major donor and/or special interests.

OC for ME

Go Senator Nieves!
Go....again....and again, and again, and again.

In an interview with The St. Louis Beacon, Missouri Senate President Pro Tem Tom Dempsey, R-St. Charles, said he voted against the gun bill in the veto session because it had too many poorly drafted provisions.
Override the veto, then, fix the things you don't like during the next session. Oh, why did you vote for those poorly drafted provisions the first go-around? Hmmm?

mspgunner

Go....again....and again, and again, and again.

Override the veto, then, fix the things you don't like during the next session. Oh, why did you vote for those poorly drafted provisions the first go-around? Hmmm?

The two honorable Senators are not wel lliked at the moment by many in th e2A community. (I'm being nice there).
Here is the good news (such as it is), there is a fix for the Second Amendemnt Preservation Act and the bill will be reintroduced in Jan. with the plan for a fast track in the House and Senate.
Thats what I get from the sources available. They are politicians, of course we believe them.... There is a lot riding on this "fix" and they know it!

As much as I'd like to say more, I really can't. It is not a good idea to disclose what "will be" happening on a public forum, and YES this forum is very much watched by those who are NOT our friends.

Only 3 months to go and games begin once again in Jefferson City. I and the good people I'm beating my brains out working with on the OC side of life are fairly confident we are good to go next session.
Then again this year looked like it was a wrap for OC rights till we got killed in the beto session. I'll offer this up. HB436 where our OC bill was didn;t get the crunch because of the open carry part we had in it, it was killed dues to a 1st amendment issue and the newspapers and a money issue related to the Missouri sheriffs. Both of those have been "fixed" so I've been told.

We still have a super 2A majority for next year in house and senate with the pro-2A "R" and "D" people, I just hope no one else has a knife for our backs...

I'll leave it there.

Gov Nixon will very likely again veto any bill like HB436 that is sent to him next year and so around and around we go again. Will the two Senators that killed the veto over ride pre file on the first day they can? Will any pro 2nd amendment bill be fast tracked by those responsible for the failed over ride vote or will it lie around until 2 days before the end of the session before anyone tries to move it?

mspgunner

Gov Nixon will very likely again veto any bill like HB436 that is sent to him next year and so around and around we go again. Will the two Senators that killed the veto over ride pre file on the first day they can? Will any pro 2nd amendment bill be fast tracked by those responsible for the failed over ride vote or will it lie around until 2 days before the end of the session before anyone tries to move it?

The devil is in the details, avoiding the problems that led to the veto and veto over ride failure. Until this bill the Governor has signed or let become law every 2A bill sent to him.
Again, we hope (and I've been told they have) they worked out the details to avoid th emess that happened this year.
Don't be too quick to be negative, there are alot of good people that want this to happen and who have been pro-active in making it so.
It is easy to be negative, it takes an effort to make things happen......

OC for ME

A lot of good people worked hard to make it happen last time. All it took was two "good people" to trash all of that hard work. My patients is wearing thin.....but not worn out, yet.