• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

KC Area OC get together 9/21 in Independence

OC for ME

I have witnessed, first hand, the impact of a large group of walk-ins on a restaurant at the wrong time. You may not need a specific head count, just a ball park number: "Can you accommodate a crowd of 10-20 around 4 PM on the 21st of September?" Will your arrival conflict with another large group? Like a bus load of old folks on the way home from Branson.

Advance notice likely gets everyone who attends a seat. Will there be enough chairs/booster seats for wee-ones? Will taking all the available wee-one chairs/booster seats impact other patrons not apart of your group?

Making a reservation for a large crowd is not asking for permission.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I have witnessed, first hand, the impact of a large group of walk-ins on a restaurant at the wrong time. You may not need a specific head count, just a ball park number: "Can you accommodate a crowd of 10-20 around 4 PM on the 21st of September?" Will your arrival conflict with another large group? Like a bus load of old folks on the way home from Branson.

Advance notice likely gets everyone who attends a seat. Will there be enough chairs/booster seats for wee-ones? Will taking all the available wee-one chairs/booster seats impact other patrons not apart of your group?

Making a reservation for a large crowd is not asking for permission.

This is what works locally for us - feel free to steal any ideas if the are a fit for you.

We pick a normally slow restaurant day - Tuesday and at 7:00 PM - and at a restaurant that has been confirmed as accepting of OC.

Then we immediately call the restaurant with a guestimated total head count based on past experience = 20 to 24, and commit to calling them when they open the morning of the scheduled date. Always leave my name and number in case there are any questions.

See post #49 as an example:
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...d-Area-OC-Dinner-June-11th-2013-at-7-pm/page2

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Is it typically just pistol OC? Or does anyone bring their rifle?

Forum Rules

(14) LONG GUN CARRY IS OFF-TOPIC: This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life. We do NOT promote the carry of long guns. Long guns are great! OCDO co-founders John & Mike and most of the members of this forum own at least one long gun - but due to urban area issues of muzzle control, lack of trigger guard coverage, and the fact that the long gun carry issue distracts from our main mission to promote the open carry of handguns in daily life, we will leave long gun carry activism in the capable hands of the future founders of web sites about long gun carry. Exception: This rule does NOT apply to discussions about long gun carry in jurisdictions which ban handgun carry but not long gun carry and thus require long gun carry as a matter of public policy.

bigb360

Forum Rules

(14) LONG GUN CARRY IS OFF-TOPIC: This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life. We do NOT promote the carry of long guns. Long guns are great! OCDO co-founders John & Mike and most of the members of this forum own at least one long gun - but due to urban area issues of muzzle control, lack of trigger guard coverage, and the fact that the long gun carry issue distracts from our main mission to promote the open carry of handguns in daily life, we will leave long gun carry activism in the capable hands of the future founders of web sites about long gun carry. Exception: This rule does NOT apply to discussions about long gun carry in jurisdictions which ban handgun carry but not long gun carry and thus require long gun carry as a matter of public policy.

Ah I see. Thank you.

mspgunner

KC Side just head a bit east

many on the KC side have not met others from the STL and all points in betyween. Ria's in Jefferson City Sept. 14th is a great opportunity for east to meet west (and all other points) and visa versa.

This could be a great event! Rias in Jefferson City is OC friendly, NO CCW required in Jefferson City.

Come on down and celebrate new OC rights in Missouri (Assuming the veto over ride of HB436 is a success. We'll meet up any way.

The sponsor of HB 420 (THe OC bill) Rep. Paul Curtman will be there.

A little bait.... I'll tell you about the 2A bills written for 2014! I don't normally tell what I'm doing "NEXT YEAR", but this will be a 100% trust worthy group.

A little bait.... I'll tell you about the 2A bills written for 2014! I don't normally tell what I'm doing "NEXT YEAR", but this will be a 100% trust worthy group.

How can you be so sure that there isn't a mole or two out there?

Great Gazoo

Is this event still going forward?

Hey everybody.....lets try to once again at setting up something in September..... bring your wives, girlfriends, boyfriends, kids, mother in laws....ect...everybody is welcome. I know everybody's busy, but.... CMON MAN...

-Mod. edited to add: September 21, at Golden Corral in Independence, 4:00 PM--

Is this event still taking place? Has Golden Corral been notified? Who is the point of contact for the event? Just wondering.

Richieg150

Is this event still taking place? Has Golden Corral been notified? Who is the point of contact for the event? Just wondering.

As far as I'm concerned, yes it is still going forward. I have not contacted Golden Corral, many in the area frequent there, we have had a couple meetings there in the past as while OC ing and acting as well mannered citizens, with no issues. I will plan on being there early and seeing about getting some tables pushed together for the group.

mspgunner

As far as I'm concerned, yes it is still going forward. I have not contacted Golden Corral, many in the area frequent there, we have had a couple meetings there in the past as while OC ing and acting as well mannered citizens, with no issues. I will plan on being there early and seeing about getting some tables pushed together for the group.

I won't drive there for this one from STL.... You guys ROCK!

Richieg150

I'm here, noth east corner of golden coral holding a couple tables.....

I tried to set up something about a month in advance.....so there would be plenty of time for those who complain about not getting advance notice...got there about 1 hour early grabbed a couple big tables, talked to the manager and waited........waited........waited........waited some more. My thanks to the two individuals that showed up, gave up the other tables as it wasn't needed. So... we ate, visited, carried on as usual with not questions, stares, or any problems whatsoever.