• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

raising funds: appealing to SCOTUS

MKEgal

Grapeshot told me to set up a separate thread for this, so here it is.

As (partially correctly) reported by the Milwaukee (WI) Journal Sentinal newspaper, the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals has sided with police in a very bad 4A decision, against me.
We're appealing to SCOTUS.
That's expensive & I'm poor, so I'm asking for help.
As an example, my lawyer says that just printing the things that need to be filed could easily be "a couple thousand dollars".

You could choose to send something directly to my lawyer, marked as being for my case:
John Monroe
9640 Coleman Rd.
Roswell, GA

I'm not going to post my address, but it's easy enough to find if you'd prefer to send something here.

Button is active now!

If you can't afford to help, please spread this info (& the PayPal URL) to people who might be able to.

One of the larger parts of the expense involved will be printing the things to file. They have to be on special paper, and there have to be many copies submitted. If there's a printing company that would do this at cost, or as a donation, that would be a huge help. Contact John for the particulars.

If anyone can connect me with someone at SAF, GOA, JPFO, NRA, or even ACLU who handles their support of court cases, deciding which ones they join & help, I would appreciate those leads.

Thank you all in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

MKEgal

Background said:
In March 2011 I got some very bad news just before walking into a doctor's appointment.
I was upset. I talked with the doctor about it. She wanted me to "voluntarily" spend the night on the psych ward. :eek: I wasn't going to do that. I left. She called police. (So much for being voluntary.)
Somewhere along the line, either she or the police came up with the idea that I had threatened to shoot myself. (I hadn't.)

The police came to my home 9 hours later, 4 hours after my doctor knew I was OK & her judgment had been wrong, broke open the door, tackled me, searched the house, stole one of my pistols & several of my ccl's from a locked case, handcuffed me, & hauled me away to be "evaluated". (Never mind that my own doctor had already done that.)

This is a 2A case because the reason the local PD pursued me so fanatically is that they know (and don't like) that I carry. When they attacked me, tackled me to the floor in my living room, their questions were, "how many guns are in the house?!", and "where are the guns?!".
Also, I've already won several court cases for their wrongful acts against me. They don't like that either.

Under the pretext of searching for "lurking confederates", they broke into a locked case, which was in an opaque gym bag, which was in a room away from where they'd attacked me, and stole not only the pistol but also several of my ccl's from various states and a non-working BB pistol.
They claimed this was for my own protection... but they didn't remove any other means I could have used to harm myself.

The court said that search & seizure was illegal, but gave them a pass because the cops claimed they didn't know it was wrong.
That needs to be reversed.
We also need to re-establish that "exigent circumstances" does not include them forcing their way into someone's home hours after someone has made an unsubstantiated allegation.
They need to be held accountable for not using the resources available to them, preferring to employ brute force.

And it'd be nice if in the future, anyone thinking about taking such drastic action (breaking into a home, kidnapping the owner, etc.) would have to have not only some proof of their intended victim having made dangerous statements or done dangerous actions (not just someone's word), but also a warrant.
The court objects to police being required to get a warrant to do what they did to me, because supposedly there isn't a warrant type that would cover it.

Not my problem. The Constitution says police need a warrant.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
MKEgal - I can create a PayPal donate button, but I need an email address to which the funds will be directed. Either your attorney's or yours - neither will be publicly available, just needed to set up PayPal.

SCOTUS is not an easy trip, but no rose garden was promised when you woke up that morning either. To smell the sweet blooms, we must first get down close to the ground, get our hands dirty, pull the weeds, cultivate and feed....then maybe, just maybe we shall be rewarded with the fruits of our labors. Don't try, give up and your life will be as barren as if the very earth had been salted.

Thank you for your courage, persistence and fortitude. I stand ready to help anyway that I can.

MKEgal

Grapeshot said:
I can create a PayPal donate button, but I need an email address to which the funds will be directed. Either your attorney's or yours - neither will be publicly available, just needed to set up PayPal.
Sent you a PM, also included it in post #1, and it shows up on the PP donation page when you click that link.

SCOTUS is not an easy trip
I know, and I'm just along for the ride. But if we didn't try, I'd feel even worse than if we try & fail. And John isn't given to chasing wild geese.

Thank you for your courage, persistence and fortitude. I stand ready to help anyway that I can.
I guess that's a polite way to say "really mad & fed up & stubborn". :lol:
For now, getting the word out and money in is what's needed. Everything has to be filed with SCOTUS 3 months from the 7th C decision, so we're on a tight schedule.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Sent you a PM, also included it in post #1, and it shows up on the PP donation page when you click that link.
--snipped--
The link works fine, but a button is needed - see PM.

PayPal button is active now!

Last edited:

MKEgal

mark-in-texas said:
I hope you also sued that dang doctor to!!
Settlement from that would help pay for SCOTUS.
countryclubjoe said:
Bring action against the doctor, I agree.
Since she's caused an awful lot of trouble, severly damaged my reuptation, and has refused to give any statement under oath, that is an option.
Hearing what she said to the 911 calltaker, it wasn't factual, but it wasn't anything like the sensationalist "blow my brains out" phrase that reporter likes to use. She was very vague & clinical.
I'd like to know where that hyped-up phrase came from.
Maybe the PD is lying again?

solus

Since she's caused an awful lot of trouble, severly damaged my reuptation, and has refused to give any statement under oath, that is an option.
Hearing what she said to the 911 calltaker, it wasn't factual, but it wasn't anything like the sensationalist "blow my brains out" phrase that reporter likes to use. She was very vague & clinical.
I'd like to know where that hyped-up phrase came from.
Maybe the PD is lying again?

please see my posts 10 and 27 in the other Wisconsin thread regarding this subject.

ipse

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Everyone is having trouble getting a PayPal button to work properly, become active.

In the meanwhile, click on this > PayPal donate link which will take you to the correct PayPal donation page for MKEgal legal

Or email to MKEgal.legal AT yahoo.com

You could choose to send something directly to her attorney, marked as being for her case:
John Monroe
9640 Coleman Rd.
Roswell, GA

Last edited:

MKEgal

Grapeshot said:
Everyone is having trouble getting a PayPal button to work properly, become active.
Thanks to Ed, we now have a functional button. It's not really a button, but it works just fine. Once he thought of how to do it, it was simple. (Let's hear it for lateral thinking.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
PayPal button broken

Thanks to Ed, we now have a functional button. It's not really a button, but it works just fine. Once he thought of how to do it, it was simple. (Let's hear it for lateral thinking.)

The button does not work, is inactive - clicking on it gets the error message "Sorry — your last action could not be completed"

The same problem as before :(

Again, until otherwise noted use PayPal donate link
to make the connection/donate.

[strike]Is there a PayPal expert out there that can help with this?[/strike]

Donate button is now active.

Last edited: