• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NV/UT/FL CCW class this Saturday in Boulder City

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I already have a mixed crowd that a friend has put together for me. But there is room for more. I'll open up some slots for any of the members here who desire to get the state permission slip for concealing to open up your options for carrying.

The catch: We are starting in the afternoon on Saturday, so the class is going to run into the evening, after dark most likely. It will be held in the office of a storage yard near Boulder City, just a couple miles south of the US-95/93 split on the east side of Railroad Pass. My friend, the proprietor of the office (not me) has a large vintage military gun collection and other war memorabilia, including a lot of vintage (and some modern) pictures of topless women. So, be prepared for that if you want to come.

We will not likely do any shooting during this class, so I will arrange to meet you at the range another day to sign off for the NV paperwork. I will include the UT portion. I will also have applications available for FL, which accepts NV's training.

For private groups of this size, I usually get about $100 a head. Because you'll be attending an existing class, and not at your own residence, give me $50 if you can. If that's tight, I'm throwing this out here to the open carriers and will do it for free for you, just because I'm going to be there anyway, and I want to support you guys as much as possible.

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Don't forget that if yours expires in the next 1-1/3 years, you can take your class now. The certificate is good for one year and you can renew four to six months out.

gonefishn

Im sorry I missed this free class. I would certainly jump at the next chance to attend. I would like to get the CCW just for general purposes.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I'll cook something up soon for y'all.

PM me with your preferred availability and that will let me get started.

garand_guy

I think I need to go through the Florida class. I have no idea if they'll credit my NV/UT course or even if I have a copy of the certificate. If I only knew my dad was moving there when I took the class...

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I think I need to go through the Florida class. I have no idea if they'll credit my NV/UT course or even if I have a copy of the certificate. If I only knew my dad was moving there when I took the class...

Yes, FL accepts lots of different things for qualification, unlike NV and UT. You probably have paperwork from being a cop that already qualifies you. If not, PM me, and I'll arrange something for you. Other things they accept include hunting safety classes, and prior military service. But you should be able to use your NV/UT certifications, also. You can check with whoever did your class and see if they can give you a copy. Unlike me, most instructors keep records.

http://www.freshfromflorida.com/Div...pon-License/Acceptable-Training-Documentation

Last edited:

garand_guy

Yes, FL accepts lots of different things for qualification, unlike NV and UT. You probably have paperwork from being a cop that already qualifies you. If not, PM me, and I'll arrange something for you. Other things they accept include hunting safety classes, and prior military service. But you should be able to use your NV/UT certifications, also. You can check with whoever did your class and see if they can give you a copy. Unlike me, most instructors keep records.

http://www.freshfromflorida.com/Div...pon-License/Acceptable-Training-Documentation

Thank you. All law enforcement gave me was a 24-hour course 7 years ago that I had to pay for myself. Sucks only being a plastic cop. And since the certificate expired after 3 years, I round filed it... Hopefully I made a copy of my CCW qualification thing. I'll hit you up one of these days. It would benefit me to buy a few hours of your time to improve my shooting. All I was ever trained to do was be safe, be legal, and hit the paper.