• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

You voted? It means nothing hahahaha - in Illinois at least - all voted counted DEM

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I wonder how their ballot is set-up for a calibration error to be a possible cause. I use an absentee ballot, and in NV, and each race has the candidates in alphabetical order, regardless of party affiliation. Assuming the electronic machine ballot screens are set up the same, a calibration error (though inexcusable) would at least be random in picking different candidates, not always pick the Democrat over a Republican.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
I wonder how their ballot is set-up for a calibration error to be a possible cause. I use an absentee ballot, and in NV, and each race has the candidates in alphabetical order, regardless of party affiliation. Assuming the electronic machine ballot screens are set up the same, a calibration error (though inexcusable) would at least be random in picking different candidates, not always pick the Democrat over a Republican.

Never never never vote absentee. I was an election judge many times ... you are leaving your vote in the hands of election judges if it will be cast or not. How many absentee ballots did I refuse to be counted? Thousands.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
I'll take them at their word that it was a calibration issue, but not that it was an error. Sounds like they had it calibrated jjust as I would expect in the PRIL.

Grim_Night

Well, you voted for it ... or did you???

Actually, we didn't vote for it.

Like Oregon, the State of Washington conducts all elections via vote-by-mail. Originally, absentee ballots in Washington were mailed prior to election day to those voters who contacted their local county by indicating that they would be unable to vote at their local polling place on election day.

In 1993, the state began allowing all voters to vote by mail on a permanent basis. Since that time, voting by mail had gained in popularity, and the term "absentee ballot" had become synonymous with voting by mail. According to the Secretary of State, in 2006, over 88% of all voters cast votes using the vote-by-mail method. By then, many counties had made the switch to conducting their elections entirely by mail. The state's two largest counties (in terms of number of voters), King and Pierce, were the last two counties in the state to switch to all-mail voting. When the King County Council approved the switch in 2009, the county became the largest in the nation, in terms of number of voters, where elections are conducted entirely by mail. Pierce County's resistance to making the change led to action by the Washington State Legislature in 2011 that required the county to be in line with the rest of the state, thus making the entire state a "vote-by-mail" state.

Many counties provide drop boxes throughout the county to allow voters to drop off their ballot on or prior to election day, rather than paying postage by sending it through the mail. Ballots returned by mail need only be postmarked by election date, resulting in ballots being received by election officials over several days following an actual election.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattlepolitics/2011/04/05/vote-by-mail-is-now-the-law-in-washington/

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/billinfo/summary.aspx?bill=5124&year=2011

It was never voted on by the public. It seems that it was put in place by the Washington State Legislature.

Maverick9

Come on folks, voter fraud is a long-standing tradition. To have it otherwise would be un-American!

Without it we wouldn't have Jeb Bush, JFK...and countless others.

You guys are too funny this morning, btw.

scooter348

Lack of certification signature. Illegible name and address certification. Failure to follow instructions/corruption of markings. Unsealed envelopes.

OK. Thanks for the info. I vote early because I either am working Election Day or could be called in and I want to insure I am doing everything to make my vote count.

Maverick9

What we need is a 'pill' that does a 'Liar, Liar' effect on anyone running for office. OK, how about a cream, then. Maybe Big Tobacco can put it in cigarettes?

Or maybe all the Ethanol/Breweries would put it in their liquor and beer?

Wouldn't that be a hoot. I think Hillary or George or Mr O. would attract an audience of millions every time they got in front of the mic.

Joe B.? Not so much. We already know what he thinks, LOL.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Lack of certification signature. Illegible name and address certification. Failure to follow instructions/corruption of markings. Unsealed envelopes.

Sure .. but I was usually a judge in a heavily democratic area ... so the true reason was : to lower the votes for democrats. Simple. Just make up any reason and toss it in the "bad/rejected" pile. Except for those from APOs overseas ... that are more conservative leaning.

Politics 101 baby.

Last edited:

JoeSparky

Centurion
Sure .. but I was usually a judge in a heavily democratic area ... so the true reason was : to lower the votes for democrats. Simple. Just make up any reason and toss it in the "bad/rejected" pile. Except for those from APOs overseas ... that are more conservative leaning.

Politics 101 baby.

Is this a statement of your ethics and integrity?

If so, it makes you know better that one who would program an electronic voting machine to indicate a vote was cast for anyone other than the voter intended.

Very sad, indeed---- and certainly not in keeping with certain rules on this site about lawfulness ect.

Last edited:

The Truth

Politics 101 baby.

Sadly, I believe you are telling the truth. You should be careful.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Is this a statement of your ethics and integrity?

If so, it makes you know better that one who would program an electronic voting machine to indicate a vote was cast for anyone other than the voter intended.

Very sad, indeed---- and certainly not in keeping with certain rules on this site about lawfulness ect.

My ethics are just fine. And it happened in the past ... and it was Chicago ... the dems stole as much as we did, possibly more. Just the way the system worked...they don't call it crook county for nothing.

You would faint over other election games that were played....