• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Auburn Sam's Club Update!

decklin

Well, after 13 weeks and constant phone calls I finally got an answer to whether sams club will enforce their corporate policy with their Auburn location.
Here is a link to the thread I originally started.
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?123860-Canceled-My-Sam-s-Club-Membership

Over the past 3 months numerous tickets were opened and closed with no resolution. A month ago I found out the complaint kept going back to Danny, the club manager. Even though the complaint was about him it was left up to him to make a decision. He would receive the complaint and just close it out.
I would then call for a status only to find the ticket had been closed. So I would resubmit my complaint and it would then be resubmitted to Danny.
This went on for two months before I found out. I was not happy. A new corporate ticket was generated and submitted to the local AP Market Manager who then gave it to the Market Manager. He never contacted me to let me know what the decision was.
Today I finally got it.
The market manager chose to side with the store manager, Danny. The reasoning was that the mall has a no weapons policy and Sam's Club leases the property from them.
They emailed me a PDF with a photocopied paper listing the outlet malls no firearms policies. Once I figure out how I'll post a copy of the PDF here.
There wasn't any contact info for the market manager so I will call the club to try to get the contact info.

So for all you guys that claimed I acted prematurely in canceling my membership, what say you now?
How many of you are going to contact the club and express your displeasure? How many will cancel your membership?

Edited to add:
I've got the info on the market manager. I called and left a voicemail. I urge all of you who shop at sams club to contact this individual.
Jeff
916-781-2945
jeff.winterboer@samsclub.com

Last edited:

decklin

well, I just left the sam's in auburn, open carry and not a hassle....

Well, now you know their policy. I called to get the market managers info. All I got was the name Jeff. They said to call back to speak with someone in personnel.
Thought you might find it interesting that corporate is allowing this one location to ignore policy.

Lovenox

well, I just left the sam's in auburn, open carry and not a hassle....

Yes, but maybe management didn't see you. The OP has hard evidence that they don't want us there but we continue to want to give them our money? Why?

Joao01

Well, after 13 weeks and constant phone calls I finally got an answer to whether sams club will enforce their corporate policy with their Auburn location.
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?123860-Canceled-My-Sam-s-Club-Membership

Over the past 3 months numerous tickets were opened and closed with no resolution. A month ago I found out the complaint kept going back to Danny, the club manager. Even though the complaint was about him it was left up to him to make a decision. He would receive the complaint and just close it out.
I would then call for a status only to find the ticket had been closed. So I would resubmit my complaint and it would then be resubmitted to Danny.
This went on for two months before I found out. I was not happy. A new corporate ticket was generated and submitted to the local AP Market Manager who then gave it to the Market Manager. He never contacted me to let me know what the decision was.
Today I finally got it.
The market manager chose to side with the store manager, Danny. The reasoning was that the mall has a no weapons policy and Sam's Club leases the property from them.
They emailed me a PDF with a photocopied paper listing the outlet malls no firearms policies. Once I figure out how I'll post a copy of the PDF here.
There wasn't any contact info for the market manager so I will call the club to try to get the contact info.

So for all you guys that claimed I acted prematurely in canceling my membership, what say you now?
How many of you are going to contact the club and express your displeasure? How many will cancel your membership?

Edited to add:
I've got the info on the market manager. I called and left a voicemail. I urge all of you who shop at sams club to contact this individual.
Jeff
916-781-2945

You provided phone number is for northern CA. There is an Auburn, CA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Baked on Grease

Today I finally got it.

Edited to add:
Jeff
916-781-2945
Don't let it sit at that. That sounds like a cop out. They know the MALL has a no firearms policy, but that is not indicative of whether that policy extends to Sam's Club or not. Over here Mimi's Cafe is on Mall property (detached) and they welcome OC, we have had many dinners there with 50+ people even though the mall has such a policy.

I would ask for the contract agreement that shows the mall has the authority to impose such a policy upon Sam's Club.

Grim_Night

Don't let it sit at that. That sounds like a cop out. They know the MALL has a no firearms policy, but that is not indicative of whether that policy extends to Sam's Club or not. Over here Mimi's Cafe is on Mall property (detached) and they welcome OC, we have had many dinners there with 50+ people even though the mall has such a policy.

I would ask for the contract agreement that shows the mall has the authority to impose such a policy upon Sam's Club.

I'm inclined to agree with this. The Tacoma mall also has a no weapons policy (mind you, it's posted INSIDE the doors so in order to even read the policy, you have to be in violation of it) but the policy does not extend to shops outside the main mall structure. I can go to Krispy Kreme for a donut and coffee, drop off my car at Firestone near the mall, walk over to BJ's, have a meal, walk back over to Firestone to pick up my car, drive back around to the north side of the mall and go shopping at Pier 1 Imports. All the while, open carrying and not have a single problem. I know, because I have done something similar.

Freedom1Man

I'm inclined to agree with this. The Tacoma mall also has a no weapons policy (mind you, it's posted INSIDE the doors so in order to even read the policy, you have to be in violation of it) but the policy does not extend to shops outside the main mall structure. I can go to Krispy Kreme for a donut and coffee, drop off my car at Firestone near the mall, walk over to BJ's, have a meal, walk back over to Firestone to pick up my car, drive back around to the north side of the mall and go shopping at Pier 1 Imports. All the while, open carrying and not have a single problem. I know, because I have done something similar.

I did not see that sign when I was visiting there for my Girlfriend's black Friday Shopping fix.

I did not look very hard, but I did look.